Author Topic: Estate Find Political Pins and Vintage Post Cards  (Read 2335 times)

annieb_2009

• View Profile
Estate Find Political Pins and Vintage Post Cards
« on: December 21, 2009, 12:02:31 pm »
My mother recently passed and in her estate we found 3 books of vintage postcards.
I am looking for a reputable & trusted dealer who might like to purchase the entire collection or/and would be able to give me a fair market price.

Additionally she has a board that she filled with vintage political pins.  I just need someone to point me in the right direction and from there I can provide photos and an itimized list if they are interested.

Thanks
Annie

railman44

• View Profile
Re: Estate Find Political Pins and Vintage Post Cards
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 03:16:57 pm »
RPPC (real photo post cards) can be worth some money depending what they're of (RR depots and out of the way spots).  Holiday cards such as Christmas, Holloween, etc. are desireable too.  Political pins, depending upon how old and who they represent can be worth more.  The older the pin (pre 1930) are worth more than the newer pins.  I could be wrong but I think the desireablity of postcards has mostly come and gone.  Rare old political pins are still hot.

annieb_2009

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 04:01:17 pm »
Thank you Railman. Any direction you could point me in as far as where I could take them or coorespond to to find out an estimated value?
I am in the Grand Rapids MI area.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 04:21:30 am »
Picture postcards are really what one would call a “niche” collectible in that the demand for them really only exists with dealers or collectors in the area or locale where the “picture” was taken. With exceptions of course in cases where the “subject” is of regional, national or historical value. 

You can Google ….. “postcard collectors (state, city, etc.)”

Or, check this site out ….. http://www.judnick.com/judnick/Links.htm

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:22:21 am »
There are lots of collectors out there.  Just search for vintage post cards and you will find alot.

I had one that had 3 little black boys each eating a piece piece of watermelon with great big smiles - unused - sold over $50
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 02:55:47 pm »
Add to that, advertising post cards and post cards from someones home town along with a town or post office that is no longer open............... .People collect pc's for many reasons.........Who, what, when, where, why. Most sell for a couple buck to $5 or $10, but some for much more.

You will have to research your cards to receive top dollar. A dealer will take a quick look at your books, base his price on maybe a handful of good cards and price the books accordingly. A dealer has to sit on most of them for some time. Some will never sell and he should offer you about 1/2 of retail.

railman44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 06:47:08 pm »
Back years ago, a photograph was mostly only available in a postcard.  I'm convinced some real photo post cards are sought after for use as pictures in a book or paperback being written.  I've seen RPPC's go as high as $900 on eBay but that's a real rarity.