Author Topic: Would like to find expert on Satsuma  (Read 1418 times)

garyhope

• View Profile
Would like to find expert on Satsuma
« on: December 21, 2009, 02:37:54 pm »
I have a very fine Satsuma vase that I would like to completely identify and learn the value of.  At one time in 1997  it was given a rather high estimate on The Antiques Road Show by a woman named Marley Issacs.  She worked for Phillips Auction House.  I don't think she works there any longer.  Has anyone here heard of her or know her current whereabouts?

I've heard that there is another Satsuma expert, Thomas Quirk who works at Waddington's in Toronto.  Does anybody here know anything about Waddington's or Thomas Quirk?

Does anyone here know or can recommend another Satsuma expert or the best resources for Satsuma information?

Thank you all.  Happy Holidays and a prosperous New Year to all. 

Gary

syl

• View Profile
Re: Would like to find expert on Satsuma
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 02:54:07 pm »
Can you post some photos? There are lots of Satsuma vases listed on ebay. Maybe you could get an idea from that. Also, Gotheborg.com is a good source of info.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:04:39 pm »
theres no mention of Marley Issacs. appraiseing on the road show. does'nt change the fact she could have worked for phillips.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 01:39:50 am »
Agree with D&b.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!