Author Topic: Antique Cage  (Read 35513 times)

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Re: Antique Cage
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 09:10:10 am »
Cool little cage .
Hope the deal closes when you expect it to !

Another N.W. native here , hosman321 .

Live right near T-town .

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 09:14:51 am »
Sounds like a typical run around.the cage is victorian. the stand is typical of the 1900's stick lamp. well worth the asking price.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 12:43:28 pm »
Wow, Regularjoe2, I didn't expect anybody to be from my area. Have you ever gone to the Pacific Run Antique Mall in Spanaway?

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 01:28:58 pm »
Yes , hosman321 , been there .... but usually I'm a sorta behind-the-scenes kinda guy ; more often found @ private & semi-private estate sales/art sales .

Don't get me wrong though , I might even show up @ a garage sale , since I know that "deals are where you find them" !

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 10:51:14 pm »
Well, looks like I got stood up, they won't respond. They promised me that cage a million times and promised I'd have it today. Pretty upset, I'll have to pay a lot more if I want to find a stand and cage like that. Oh well, that's life huh?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 10:57:40 pm »
Sorry to hear that Hosman, Another deal will come along and maybe it will be the better.  My wishes go out to you.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 10:58:52 pm »
Well, if they are traveling from Portland, they may have been delayed or have been unable to respond to email. See if they don't reply tomorrow. You didn't pay up front without getting the cage in hand, did you?
Antiqueaholic in recovery

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 12:26:50 am »
Yeah, their plan was to go from Portland up to Seattle on Wednesday. Then return to Portland today and drop the cage to us along the way home. Maybe they just decided to go home tomorrow. But they should have called to let us know, they have all 3 of our numbers and said they'd call. I'll keep my fingers crossed. And I didn't pay for it beforehand, if I ever did that I would use paypal and have a lot of email correspondence just in case. Thanks for the help guys.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 06:25:11 am »
Well, she just sent me this email. I'm startin' to wonder if I should make the drive. I'd hate to be stood up. But knowing me, I'm gonna try anyways! Apparently they never came up here. Or she never did. Or he didn't bring the cage. No idea...

Hi Jessica,
Sorry about the lack of communication from Seth, I won't bother making
excuses for him.
I am done with work for a few days so I can pick up where I left off
with you.  I still have the cage and I will still hold it for you if
you want it.  It doesn't look like anyone in my household will be
coming up north anytime soon, so let me know when and if you want to
come and pick it up.
Sorry again,
Kenya

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 11:08:00 am »
It does sound like shes making an effort to communicate at least, and like the cage is there for you. I'd say jump in the car and go get it and try to enjoy the drive out. I've made day trips of 200+ miles for things I really wanted. I would consider the cost of the drive, the price of the cage, cost of the bottom fabrication, devoting your time and weigh them against how much you like the cage.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 01:55:37 am »
Does anybody know of any Hendryx-related sites that have some kind of list of when cages were made? I have another Hendryx cage and I am trying to see when it was made. I keep seeing the same exact Hendryx cages everywhere so I'm pretty sure there has to be some site or list somewhere of what years specific ones were made. I can't find anything. Thanks!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 08:19:07 am »
hosman, don't know if this will be any help to you. They do have some Hendryx cages listed, but I didn't go through all the pages.  Give it a shot, it might help you a bit with dates.

http://pages.northforkpets.com/11570/InventoryPage/1712905/1.html

Use their Search feature to narrow it down to just Hendryx  ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:22:31 am by sapphire »

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 09:08:23 am »
Thank you' Sapphire :) Andrew B. Henryx co opened in 1875 inlarged in 1879 closed out. Sold to Winchester Arm's in 1919. :)

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 09:56:49 am »
Sorry to hear they're flakey sellers , hosman .

The one thing I've seen , from your posts , is the fact that they are consistent folks .

Consistent at being inconsistent .

If you did make the trip down to Portland , is there something that would honestly make you think they'll be home / will show up ?

If it were me , in your boots , I'd send them a polite email - stating that I'd trusted them to show up in Washington state and was sorry that they could not make the trip , as promised .

What with no-showing , lack of communication & such , I'd not bother dealing with them .

Portland is a big city & they should be able to find a local buyer there .

The one other way to deal with them , perhaps , is dependant upon you having a friend down in Portland , who'd be willing to pick up this item (maybe the friend could get it for less , too - sorry - I'm in touch with my inner cheapskate on this deal) .

But that's just me & my opinion .
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:20:17 pm by regularjoe2 »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 11:04:54 am »
I agree that they are consistently no shows!

However, it it is something you really want for a great price...plan a quick get-away trip and go!

We've done this a few times in our lives and most have turned out to be blessings in disguise.  Fun get aways...great food...change of pace...and the piece finally in my hands! 

The only thing to worry about...will they be there when they say they are to pick it up!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!