Author Topic: Need help identifying Furniture  (Read 1521 times)

jgoff0015

• View Profile
Need help identifying Furniture
« on: January 02, 2010, 10:42:24 pm »
I purchased this piece along with a matching buffet style at a garage sale.  I originally was told it was a highboy and a lowboy.  The family did not know much about them.  I have researched and not been able to correctly identify this piece.  If anyone has any ideas Please let me know.  Thank You

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Need help identifying Furniture
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 07:04:26 am »
it's and American version of a ( Chiffonier) the styleing is French Provincial. vintage 1960's. No doubt a well known furniture co. manufactured it. if you had bought this direct from the furniture co.

$500.00+ Dollars. at least our American company's, know a good design when they see one. Got to admit. I like it too.

jgoff0015

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:51:43 pm »
Thank you very much.  I was unsure what it was exactly.  I was torn between a highboy and linen press.  I had not found any pictures of anything like it.  I will try to post the pictures of the buffet style that matches it too.  It is very beautiful too.  Thank you once again.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 11:07:17 am »
Agree with D&b.  Company manufactured!  Nice repro of a wonderful French piece.  Very appealing!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!