Author Topic: BOHEMIA SET,NOT SURE WHAT THEY ARE CALLED.MADE IN CZECHOSLOVAKIA  (Read 6387 times)

jdt48653

• View Profile
you folks said that you liked to look at different stuff,so i have a lot of
old antiques i will put on here.here is a set of ?i don`t know what they are called.i do`not want to take up all the space with my stuff,so ill add some slowly.thanks joe.t.
the flasks are 10 1/2" with stoppers on.thanks  joe.t.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 11:46:58 am by jdt48653 »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: BOHEMIA SET,NOT SURE WHAT THEY ARE CALLED.MADE IN CZECHOSLOVAKIA
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 10:45:58 pm »
Almost looks like a vintage dresser set for a fine ladies dressing table!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 08:09:17 am »
 I believe you have pieces produced by Friedrich Egermann , He was a great personality of the Bohemian glass manufacturing of the 19th century. The Egermann Co was founded in 1861. I think your 2 tall pieces are wine decanters.  Joe welcome to the site & keep um comin
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:34:04 am by wendy177 »

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 09:04:20 am »
I will second that belief. :)

jdt48653

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 02:51:10 pm »
thank you for the lead,i will research it,and see what i can find.
thanks wendy177,d&b antiques,kc.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 08:27:34 pm »
     Personally This has is now a bit confusing to me.  I knew little about Friedrich Egermann, but when looking into his history it would seem his stuff was cir. early mid to late 19th century.  However with the mark of Czechoslovakia on it that would date it post 1918.  That is when Czech was formed, then of course in the Bohemian area.  The other small confusion I'm having is, it being a set.  Not quite a Vanity set and really looks like Decanters, but what the covered dish is for?  Then looking closer the style is really close but not quite, Decanters kinda cloudy looking with hit of Gold, and opposite of the dish.  Then the Finale on the items are a bit different, one being more ball and the lovely spire look of the decanters.  Are these originally a set or just a really close match?  If so what would the Dish in a Decanter set be for?   I know showing my ignorance a bit again, just want to know  ;D.   

jdt48653

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 09:05:37 pm »
hi ironlord1963,i ran into more friedrich egermann hits then i ever bargined for,lol.still looking for the same likeness tho.i
the two decanters have serial #s on the bodys &tops,but i can`not find any on the dish,altho setting there with them its easy to see that they are the same in every way.i am sending some photos of the ser#s
thanks  joe.t.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 09:30:22 pm »
    These are for sure lovely.  I have seen a fair share of this raised Enamel art on glass over the past year.  I would say this is the finest example I have seen thus far.  The condition of the petals seem excellent.  Not exactly sure so someone correct me but this style of popular in the 50's through the 70's.  Keep in mind this is a guess, so keep the crow stew on the stove for a minute   :P  Not even yet sure what the true name of this type of embellishment is yet.  Maybe someone more seasoned can answer that one too.  My brain is still in pain over what the dish would be doing with the Decanters or the Decanters in the Vanity.  ;D  Sorry I'm not all that much help, but was knocked off my fence post with Friedrich Egermann and fell into the thread per say. 

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 10:05:41 pm »

The photo above didn't have the top part of the label - the initial JFS were on the top part of the label as in this picture
[url]http://www.rubylane.com/shops/assafantiques/iteml/MA101#pic5[/url

I didn't see where F Egermann ever used these identifiers and if he had of it would be widely known and in all the books. (Or maybe I just have very defective ones!  Ha!)

Can you please list the size/dimensions of the bottles?

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 05:45:33 am »
"still looking for the same likeness tho."

Place Egermann in the search field on ebay & you will find several pieces that could be part of your set. Kc could not pull up the url you posted I think it has been removed.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 07:57:58 am »
They can be attributed to his type of work. I bet Chris Marshall could solve the puzzle.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 09:57:32 am »
Hi Wendy!

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/assafantiques/item/MA101

This set of lamps were made by the same company.  If you look at the label on one of the pics and enlarge it....it is the same label as on the set.

I really would like to know the dimensions of the bottles because I have seen dresser sets that held perfume and the tops were "dabbers" to dab the perfume on the wrists, etc.  These pics still look like that.  However, if they are "wine bottle" size.... The covered dish would hold other accessories for a ladies dresser top.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 03:19:54 pm »
Thanks KC  I see what you mean with the label !! I agree size does matter :D But from the woman in the background I thought they looked 2 large for perfume but very well could be  as I have seen dabbers also good point.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 06:54:12 pm »
I see what you mean Wendy....I dismissed that, fortunately or unfotunately.

Guess I am so used seeing things shot up close that things further in the background, and not close up, I kinda brush off to get full perspective of some things.

jdt48653

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 11:45:04 am »
KC  i measured them and they are.
left to right
(8"tall.4 1/4" across) (  5 1/2" tall.5" across) (  8"tall.4 1/4"across)