Author Topic: Tea cups.  (Read 1210 times)

hosman321

• View Profile
Tea cups.
« on: January 19, 2010, 01:08:49 am »
Ok, I tried doin' some research on my own but I am getting way too confused.

I bought these two at the Goodwill tonight for $3.99 each. I'm just curious about them and their age, I'm sure they are worth about as much as I paid.

The first one is marked on the bottom of the cup, "Limoges France." With another stamp on top of the first one of: "Made in Limoges France." Not really maker's marks, just plain type. The front of the cup says, "Monte Carlo." It appears that this one is partially hand painted and partial stamps of some kind. The bottom of the plate also says, "Limoges France." With "Rob's Limoges" painted over it. I'm sure this one is some sort of tourist item, but it looks fairly old.

The second cup seems to also be partially hand painted and partial transfers. It has flowers. The bottom of the cup has a partial silver sticker. I can't really figure out what it says, But I believe the partial words are FRANCE and INA. China? It looks like one of those vintage silver stickers that is on all my porcelain horses from the 50's-60's. There are no markings on the bottom of either the cup or the plate.

Thanks for any info at all, I will keep reading stuff online. But maybe it's just easier for an experienced person to take one look rather than going through hours of reading. :)

hosman321

• View Profile
Re: Tea cups.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 05:15:24 pm »
Seeing all these new limoges posts reminded me of this old post of mine. Any ideas on age? I know they aren't worth much, I would just like to know if they are newer or older. :)