Author Topic: Help Identifying Antique German Jar  (Read 1666 times)

vivalajosho

• View Profile
Help Identifying Antique German Jar
« on: January 30, 2010, 06:40:04 pm »
My mom recently found this old jar at a yard sale. She has a feeling that its worth a lot and knowing her shes always right. There is an inscription on the bottom saying made in Germany and it looks like it is hand made. Other than that there is no words on it besides 4 German words on the side underneath pictures of castle like buildings and there is a number 24 stamped on the bottom.

Here are some pictures of it:

Heres the whole jar

Heidelberg

Ehrenbreistein

Stolzenfels

Drachenfels

Here is the bottom. It seems worn out and the made in Germany is almost illegible.

Here is the top

If anyone could give me anything that might tell me how old or how much this is worth I would really appreciate it

Chris_Marshall

Re: Help Identifying Antique German Jar
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 08:01:29 pm »
I don't know what you expect, but the item is a standard mass-produced item manufactured by the company of Simon Peter Gerz from the town of Sessenbach (Palatinate).

vivalajosho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 08:11:50 pm »
I don't know what you expect, but the item is a standard mass-produced item manufactured by the company of Simon Peter Gerz from the town of Sessenbach (Palatinate).

i wasn't expecting much. So im guessing its not worth that much?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 09:24:01 pm »
Chris Marshall pops by often...and he is most definitely the German expert here....maybe he will pop in and give some info.  

I don't know much about this one but feel it is more of a tourist/collectible.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 09:25:34 pm »
Oops...hit post a few minutes ago after forgetting to earlier and see that Chris had already made note.

Thanks Chris!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!