Author Topic: leaf plate any clue to age ?  (Read 2054 times)

GURIM

• View Profile
leaf plate any clue to age ?
« on: February 01, 2010, 11:48:19 am »
 again made in Sarregue mines but a different stamp to toby jug more artisck verson of Sarregue mines

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: leaf plate any clue to age ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 01:47:50 pm »
The correct name for the area is SarrGuemines - Originally a Roman realm then French. it is currently a location in France that was of German occupation (1871 - 1918 as a result of the Franco-Prussian War and Treaty of Frankfurt) and returned to France after WWI.  During German occupation it was noted for plush velvets, earthenware, paper mache', porcelain and leather.

About your mark....can you please post a picture - we always need to see a picture of it!

http://www.worthpoint.com/research_library/sarreguemines-pottery

Beware there are fakes made.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

GURIM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 04:53:11 pm »
Thank you dont think my plate could be that old bet my great grandmother had been given a story I know there was not any one with much money as far as I know I got it passed to me my my mother in Norway have had a go at getting a picture of the stamp but cant get it to clearly hope to get someone with a better camera tomorrow but thanks for the History my Toby jug has the same name but written completly diffrent as just done in plane writhing . But from what I can see the same place .

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 03:24:37 pm »
Bump
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 08:09:37 pm »
I think these plates are designed for serving fish. I recall seeing one somewhere before. Can someone tell me if I'm correct about that?
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 09:19:15 pm »
Will you please post dimensions of the plate/platter? Thanks!  They made several sizes.

This one like yours with same markings?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-SARREGUEMINES-France-12-Majolica-LEAF-DISH_W0QQitemZ400101919286QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_PotteryPorcelain_Glass_PotteryPorcelain_China_SM?hash=item5d27eeca36
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:25:54 pm by KC »

GURIM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 04:08:45 am »
Thank you got lot of info from you it looks the same as the mark you put on appart from there is a 56 stamp on mine ,makes sence that it could have been meant for fish as my great grandmother came from fishing community in Norway the dimentions are Length 32 cm with 15cm depth 3cm. Well the one I saw on ebay that you gave me a link to went for 3 pounds so not populare then never mine it has lots of sentemental value to me and I like it so that is worth a lot .