Author Topic: japan figure  (Read 1944 times)

scottbu70

• View Profile
japan figure
« on: February 01, 2010, 06:37:43 pm »
can anyone tell me what this figure is? it says on the bottom "japan"

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: japan figure
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 06:39:15 pm »
Wanderer or hobo!

Many figurines were produced marked Japan.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

scottbu70

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 06:43:19 pm »
Wanderer or hobo!

Many figurines were produced marked Japan.

cool...thanks very much!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 08:16:48 pm »
   I would agree with KC on what this figurine is.  However is that what you are asking?  I found myself looking at the image for some time, so I figured I would have to jump in with some thought.  Like KC mentioned Japan is marked on so many figurine, making it almost impossible to find the manufacture, and most likely was produced for import to jump start the economy of japan after the war.  I don't think your item is a occupied japan but most likely one produced in the late 50's to 60's.  What I noticed the most is the lack of quality.  Looks like your item was cast in a very used mold, hence the lack of detail, and the paint job is kinda sloppy and not much care was given.  Here I think we have a classic "Americans will buy anything" Scenerio.  Not to diss on your item, just what was going around my little brain as I was looking at your figurine.  It does appear to have some age at least, and I feel you have a prime example to the mid 20th century import from japan item.  I would not put $$.00 on the value on a item as such.  But if your question was just what the figurine is then KC drove the nail on this one.   

scottbu70

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 08:53:40 pm »
   I would agree with KC on what this figurine is.  However is that what you are asking?  I found myself looking at the image for some time, so I figured I would have to jump in with some thought.  Like KC mentioned Japan is marked on so many figurine, making it almost impossible to find the manufacture, and most likely was produced for import to jump start the economy of japan after the war.  I don't think your item is a occupied japan but most likely one produced in the late 50's to 60's.  What I noticed the most is the lack of quality.  Looks like your item was cast in a very used mold, hence the lack of detail, and the paint job is kinda sloppy and not much care was given.  Here I think we have a classic "Americans will buy anything" Scenerio.  Not to diss on your item, just what was going around my little brain as I was looking at your figurine.  It does appear to have some age at least, and I feel you have a prime example to the mid 20th century import from japan item.  I would not put $$.00 on the value on a item as such.  But if your question was just what the figurine is then KC drove the nail on this one.   

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!