Author Topic: Help identifying: G.P. Co Mark, Makers Name and Pattern.......See Pics  (Read 2434 times)

biznis_3

• View Profile
Hello,

I have been trying off and on for several years now......to accurately identify many plates/dishes I have with the Mark: G.P. Co and possibly the pattern on the dishes as well.

All my research thus far has lead to nothing definitive.......th e best I can come up with Glamoragan Pottery(Baken Bevin & Irwin) or Grange Pottery and that just a guess with nothing solid
to back it up.

These dishes were handed down to me from my Grandmother who is now 98 yrs old and they were given to her by somemone else.  I am estimating the age to be mid to late 1800's to possibly...... but not likely early 1900's.

I don't mind doing the research and have have spent countless hours researching these dishes......but I still have come up with nothing definitive.

I was thinking possibly Flow Blue for the Pattern......but not sure on that either......due to Flow Blue being more distinct and recognizable.

The same and only mark on the back of the dishes is G.P. Co which is evident in the pics....

Any help in identifying these or even a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for everyones time and help.

Tom V.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Help identifying: G.P. Co Mark, Makers Name and Pattern.......See Pics
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:58:31 pm »
Greenwood Pottery, out of Trenton NJ.  Known for Graniteware and Vitrified porcelain.  1868 to 1933.   

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 11:11:51 pm »
Nice work Ironlord.

biznis_3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 04:15:53 am »
Wow......that was quick......Thank You very much Ironlord!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 02:24:00 pm »
Wow Ironlord...you are swift!  A far cry from the newbie that started a little over a year ago.  This goes to show you what  already gained experience prior to coming to the site and a desire to learn/share does for you!!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 04:56:46 pm »
X-L int bingo , ironlord .

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 07:50:32 pm »
Thanks for the warm praise Even a Sophmore can make a lucky break from time to Time :o.  But the real credit goes to the School Antique Shop .Com.  Maybe we should make our own School and offer Certificates of Appraisals.  LOL   Hmmm, That actually has a ring to it.

But the hardest part would be the value of the item.   

biznis_3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 05:37:47 am »
Thanks again for the feedback.......

Anyone have any thoughts on a possible name for this pattern?  I have about 50 or so different pieces of this.......only variance in the dishes is different shades of the blue.