Author Topic: Can you identify this marking?  (Read 3832 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Can you identify this marking?
« on: February 07, 2010, 09:59:50 pm »
Found this marking on an item....can you tell me what it is?

Way to go Saints!  2 rookies we know are on the team and now have Super Bowl Rings!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Dean Perdue

• View Profile
Re: Can you identify this marking?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 10:11:46 pm »
Congrats.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 10:26:23 pm »
Was a good game!  I always root for the team opposite of who my oldest daughter is for.  She isn't talking to me now - only texting me!  Ha!

Great Game Colts!!!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

waywardangler

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 12:19:37 am »
Who dat?

I believe it is a Fleur-de-lis design used by the new superbowl champs, the New Orleans Saints, and a similar design is also used by the time honored institution, the Boy Scouts.

That's dat!

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 09:04:47 pm »
I'm sure waywardangler is right about the fleur-de-lys idea ..... but
I can't seem to see either the soup or bowl in your image ...
perhaps the buldged area in the middle is the bowl of soup ?

Cool item , KC .

Let's see what others have to input .

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 10:04:07 pm »
I think we'll have to wait for Chris Marshall to chime in about the Souper Bowl with the Fleur de Lys marking! I heard that these are supposed to have a horseshoe marking but this one is different!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 11:57:15 pm »
Great observations Dean, Wayward, RegJoe and Talesof.  Can you give me a value? (I am almost scared to ask this!)

Chris_Marshall

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 12:34:21 am »
*chuckle* ... oi, really nice game of pansy 'football' (trust Yanks to call a game in which a ball is mostly carried or thrown "FOOTball", just like trousers are 'pants'). US football with all these referees and protective gear is so like a bunch of poofs prancing around like sugar plum fairies! I believe that every winner of the Superbowl should be seen fit to have a a go at the REAL thing and be allowed to travel to Ireland or Scotland and run up against *real* sportsmen, the local Rugby players :) More than five Rules? Protective gear? Breaks for every bird fart? Bollocks!

And this time it's even worse as the fleur-de-lis is originally FRENCH (o'course, former French colony Louisana), and me as true ole Englishman hates everything that even smells of Froggies (mainly because they are stupid onion sellers and mostly prance around like sugar plum fairies. Poofs!).

[note:] This post is based on sick Brit humor, comparable with the pun shown in series like "'Allo 'Allo" and "It Ain't Half Hot Mum". It's not intended to be discriminating in any way but is meant to be taken as a parody with tongue-in-cheek and one winking eye. Did I mention that US football players are pansies? Still, congrats - great game :)[note end]

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 08:49:27 am »
LOL, Thanks Chris for the early morning Chuckle.

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 11:08:19 am »
I just  have to take exception to Chris_Marshalls' opinion on this one ...

It's a 'flower of the lily' , not a pansy .

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 02:56:58 pm »
Thanks for a great laugh Chris and RegJoe!

So Chris, do you have an opinion about golf....a game where people follow a little white ball around?  LOLOLOL

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 04:10:47 pm »
Just don't get me going on that silly little English combo-croquet/lawn-bowling/flyswatting game , named after an insect !

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 04:49:11 pm »
LOL Chris, you'd be in good company with my hubby, who was rather appalled when he discovered that he'd married a girl of French ancestry. My maiden name was Britton, which of course we thought was English. A bit of genealogical research however showed that it originates from the Brittany Peninsula in France and was originally spelled Breton. Surprised and disappointed my hubby, who has always been a great admirer of Lord Admiral Nelson! I assured him however my French bloodline had a great deal of dilution from the English in later years before they crossed the pond to America and rebelled against King George. I'm still in trouble for the tea-dumping incident!!  ;)
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 06:20:35 pm »
I'm French/English/Irish!  What a combination!!!!!!  The Irish shows through quite often!  Ha!