Author Topic: Zapun lamps  (Read 3151 times)

bilrob@videotron.ca

• View Profile
Zapun lamps
« on: February 17, 2010, 09:23:19 am »
Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and I've been searching for a while iformation on these 2 lamps I bought about 15 years ago in the Eastern Townships (Québec, Canada) from a lady who said they were given to her by an old lady in the 1950's.
They are signed by a certain K. Zapun or N. Zapun (I've included pictures). I know about the Zapun ceramic company but have not seen any products like these lamps.
If anybody know's anything about these lamps, I'd appreciate your input.

Robert

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Zapun lamps
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 03:50:23 pm »
There's lamp's & there's lamp's. the thrift shop's are full of them. these are nice vintage 1940's or  50's lamp's. there worth at least $ 45.00 Dollars apiece with the shade.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 04:30:03 pm »
You might want to keep an eye on this auction.....so far price is running bang on D&b's estimate. No bids as yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Floral-Vases-Tall-Table-2-LAMPS-signed-Zapun_W0QQitemZ370334384019QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100214?IMSfp=TL1002141210004r12762#ht_9677wt_941

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 06:54:31 pm »
    Just a note on the price of the set on Ebay.  Buy Looking up Zapun Lamps, this one comes up, this is at least the second time this one has been offered at that price.  I also noted that this is the only item that comes up under Zapun Lamps.     When it comes to lamps, not a whole lot of Lamp collectors for the most part, and most when looking for a Lamp, is shooting for a Style.  For they intend to use it.  Lamps are so abundant, you would need something really Unique to move them, if you have something that is really special and you know it, spend a bit more time trying to find the "Collector" not so much the user.  Before you think I'm a expert,  I'm not just something I read a while back concerning Lamps, Coat Racks and items like that, even a Collector may only find room for 40 of them.  And Like DB mentioned, (There Lamp's and there's Lamp 's)  Thrift store is full, you always see one's that have the victorian look from time to time.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 01:04:54 am »
Good advice ya'll!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!