Author Topic: Can someone help me with milk glass value? pics included  (Read 1153 times)

XXavengeXX

• View Profile
Can someone help me with milk glass value? pics included
« on: March 09, 2010, 04:13:14 am »
i have about 30 pieces of milk glass and i have no idea what they are worth. Can anyone help me on their value? And where can i sell them other then ebay? THanks in advance!

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Can someone help me with milk glass value? pics included
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:53:19 am »
Hi X Milk glass is a tough one as it was reproduced at later dates from the same molds and much of it is not marked(old & reproduction pieces) you will need to take each piece and research it to find the maker of the piece. The following companies were the most sought after producers of milk glass during the 1920s through 1950s: The Westmoreland Specialty Glass Co., The United States Glass Co., The L.E. Smith Glass Co., Duncan Glass, Fostoria Glass Co., Hazel Atlas and The Federal Glass Co. many books have photos of pieces made by each company ,patterns,molds,sizes,sometimes if it was reproduced etc. This will take some time as each piece will need to be researched separately as some pieces can be rare in certain patterns by certain companies.  ebay is a great place to get an idea of  what the current selling prices are.  As far as selling - antique flea markets are a great place to sell  & fun or a small local auction house. If you get stuck and can not track a piece please post photos of that piece with size and bottom and maybe someone here can help but to put a price on each piece of all 30 from your photos is not possible.  Good luck

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Can someone help me with milk glass value? pics included
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 11:09:51 am »
   Nice collection, I can ID may of these items.  However your Amethsyt Indiana Diamond quilted Compote caught my eye.  Nice piece  that would prove to be worth a bit if in excellent condition.  The value of milk glass is Basically $.00  To mid $$.00 for the most part, mostly on a few dollars.  I say a lace compote that is very easy to find, have one myself, posted it twice on ebay no sale.  Maybe cause it has a minon chip.  Condition is most important here so much glass that even a small chip will make it almost worthless.  Just wanted to say really nice collection and I can help a bit here with finding what you have.  But I can't swallow that whole collection at once  ;D.  I will look into your amethsyt pieces first.  Black is about the most sought after color.