Author Topic: Identify this Vase  (Read 1250 times)

outerbankstech

• View Profile
Identify this Vase
« on: March 10, 2010, 07:42:06 pm »
I have this vase and have had it for 15 to 20 years now. I received this vase from one of my customers. I do heating and a.c. work. She gave it to me before she went into a nursing home. She was 70 some years old and it belonged to her mother and was given to her (my customer) as a wedding gift. I can not find any markings on it at all and it has been sitting on our shelf here all these years. So my wife and I are really trying to find out about this,the maker,history, value. We have searched high and low for anything on this vase. Can not find anything. Our fingers are crossed someone here can help us.

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Identify this Vase
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:33:46 am »
Hi outer, beautiful piece and what a wonderful story of how you acquired it. could you post photos of the back, top looking down into the piece and the bottom. sometimes these areas can give clues. Just a guess but  It seems to have an Asian look maybe cherry blossoms & a sparrow both are significant in Japanese culture, cherry blossom is japans national flower. maybe someone else here can help more. Will keep digging :)

outerbankstech

• View Profile
Re: Identify this Vase
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 05:47:41 pm »
Here are the pics, Thank you.