Author Topic: Hand painted Glass question?  (Read 1542 times)

XXavengeXX

• View Profile
Hand painted Glass question?
« on: March 19, 2010, 06:46:24 pm »
I have these hand painted pieces of glass, and no idea who the artist is. There are no markings on the glass. Any Ideas as to worth or artist?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Hand painted Glass question?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 12:30:40 pm »
Hand painted milk glass is abundant.  Without a particular "well known" pattern the answer your are seeking is  going to found by hit/miss.

Original manufacturers painted them in baked enamels in order to boost milk glass sales and add a new dimension to waning sales.  Many a consumer has added painted decorations to pieces over the years for personal use....as well as to make the pieces for eye-catching and novel for resale.

Sorry I can't be of assistance.

Maybe someone else will chirp in!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Dean Perdue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 03:37:21 am »
Looks nicely done to me.Hopefully that will help the value.
Do you have any idea on the age?

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 07:58:00 am »
Your 1st photo is a vase Regent line by Consolidated hand painted violets, Mary Livitski did some  hand painting  for Consolidated but I can not say for sure if this is her work Approx-1956  $30.00 - $35.00

Photo 2 seems to be a beaded edge floral plate by Westmoreland Not sure of time frame would need to do more research, Westmoreland did many of these plates in Floral & bird motifs. $12.00-$15.00  Beautiful pieces of Milk Glass, Westmoreland glass company was located in Grapeville , PA. so this hand painting on your plate is very cute. :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:21:34 pm by wendy177 »

XXavengeXX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 08:54:33 pm »
thank you! very helpful!