Author Topic: Wicker Doll Carriage, Trash or Treasure  (Read 1457 times)

Dan

• View Profile
Wicker Doll Carriage, Trash or Treasure
« on: March 21, 2010, 11:23:39 am »
Hi,

We acquired this wicker doll carriage recently and are wondering if it is authentic. We got stung once on one. Also interested in the age, possible maker and value.

It is a little over 24 inches overall length and measures 26 inches high to the handle.

Thank you,
Dawna & Dan

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Wicker Doll Carriage, Trash or Treasure
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 01:08:22 pm »
Lets see.........Treasur e!  It is authentic....becaus e it is in existence!  However, I imagine you are asking if it is authentic to a particular time frame.  What time frame are you thinking it is?  late 1800's - 1930's?

The best way to determine if in fact a wicker item's age/value (without any other markings to help direct you) is to get an appraisal from a certified wicker appraiser.

Some great guidelines that I have found in the past (the EBay numbers are no longer valid but the general advice is).
http://reviews.ebay.com/Fake-quot-Antique-quot-Baby-Doll-Buggies-On-Ebay_W0QQugidZ10000000007139138

Just curious, how did you get stung once?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 01:18:11 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 02:05:11 pm »
Thanks for the reply KC. The ebay guide was a help.

We bought the buggy at an estate sale that had a collection of antique dolls. We were able to find some of them in a doll book. Dawna knows quite a bit about dolls, but neither of us knows anything about doll buggies, or wicker. Other things we bought there have proven to be for real. Of course they could have been conned.

Getting it appraised might be a problem in Las Vegas.

We got stung at a yard sale, not on ebay. If we had read the ebay guide before buying we wouldn't have. The curled handle would hav been a clue.

Dawna & Dan

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 05:20:45 pm »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!