Author Topic: Big Brass Light  (Read 1390 times)

CovKY11

• View Profile
Big Brass Light
« on: March 29, 2010, 02:37:21 pm »
Hello...I bought a pool table a couple years and a light came with it.  It was too big for me to use....it measures 60in in length and 42in in height.  I've looked all over for markings and hav found none.  I'm assuming its just a custom-made pool light but I am wondering if it of any value. And the pool table was made in 1971.  I think its too pretty just to be collecting dust in the basement.  Thanks for the help.

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Re: Big Brass Light
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 06:16:49 pm »
Welcome to the forum , CovKY11 .

It might be possible that your item is more vintage than 1970's ....(the exposed wiring looks 70's era , though)
the scroll-work looks nice .

I'd check the lamp over with a magnet , to see if your item is brass , or brass-plated steel .

Although I can't tell 'beans' about your item from the images , but , it's possible that someone converted this unit from a kerosene triple-lantern set to an electrical one .

There may be makers' marks/hallmarks under the brass element(s) where it was secured/hung from above ... you could dis-assemble this section of the lamp to take a look-see .

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 04:55:40 am »
It looks vintage to me and I'm guessing that due to the placement of the center globe that it has always been electrified.

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 11:58:48 am »
Good point , cogar .
I missed that little bit of detailed thinking/observation .

The lamp body would tend to heat up / soot up quite a bit (from the 'center' globe/lamp) , if it had been kerosene design .

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 01:46:01 pm »
CovKy, it is a beautiful lamp.  Very marketable today if in good working order.

In my area in pristine/vintage condition would sell for $100+
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!