Author Topic: tea cup  (Read 2382 times)

Lyekka

• View Profile
tea cup
« on: April 02, 2010, 03:35:14 pm »
I was helping my mother go through old stuff and i came across a really old looking tea cup it has it's markings still, the name on the bottom said Haddon Hall British Empire made bone china i have a picture, wanted to know a little bit more if anyone knows anything would be awesome .

syl

• View Profile
Re: tea cup
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:38:39 pm »
Would it be possible to post a photo of the marks on the bottom?

Lyekka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 04:24:33 pm »
i have a pic it is a little fuzzy i can take another if this one is too unreadable.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 06:28:46 pm »
Thus far I found what appears to be Hadden and Hall is part of the Minton China Group, which is now part of the Royal Doulton Family.  It does not appear to have the usual date stamp used byMinton on it, which would make it post 1942.  I am assuming that Hadden and Hall is a post war era company that has now became part of the big family.  I have found a site that has many of the pattern names of the milton Hadden Hall china, but have only looked at a few of the names and have not found your pattern.  Replacements only has two pattern names listed under Hadden and Hall.  I would assume you may be able to find it under Milton.

Here is the site in case you wish to surf abit looking for your pattern name.

http://www.tablewhere.co.uk/Patterns.aspx?mfrcode=0LAr3D8Z27lWxNu9N6zc5g==&PtnCode=rTC/lYDaM7YzT36TMwbs1A==
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:46:49 pm by ironlord1963 »

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 07:53:35 pm »
Welcome to the forum Lyekka!  I think I have found a route you might want to look into.  This appears to be your pattern and apparently there is an entire set.  It's located in a museum in Newfoundland (Canada) and I've included a link to the museum for contact.  They may
be able to offer you some valuable information.  Will keep checking to see what else I can find.

Hope this helps.  :)

http://www.pro.rcip-chin.gc.ca/bd-dl/artefacts-eng.jsp?emu=en.artefacts:/Proxac/ws/human/user/www/Record&upp=0&m=35&w=NATIVE%28%27INSNAME+EQ+%27%27LIVYER%27%27%27%27S+LOT%27%27%27%29

http://www.manl.nf.ca/museums/livyers_lot.html

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 09:25:11 pm »
Ironlord, the marks on the Minton Haddon Hall are different - note the mark on these
http://cgi.ebay.com/Minton-Haddon-Hall-Trellis-Set-4-Salad-Plates-Mint-/230450022873
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 10:09:22 pm »
     May just be cooking up some more Crow stew soon.   Actually what I may be looking at is a pattern name Haddon Hall by Milton.  I just may have to go back to the drawing board on this one while I enjoy my crow.  Thanks KC

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 10:24:43 pm »
    While looking around a bit more enjoying my crow I did find that my confusion is Minton (not Milton) put out several patterns named Hadden Hall.  Must be loosing it I keep wanting to call Minton Milton, maybe need to add someting to the crow to make me think better  ;).