Author Topic: paintings  (Read 1492 times)

MarieA

• View Profile
paintings
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:44:17 pm »
I have 3 Red Skelton paintings, one is a canvas transfer of Carol Burnette, 2 are lithographs. All 3 are double signed and 1 has a personal message on it. I am trying to find someone who can give me an appraisal. Any ideas?

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Re: paintings
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 03:19:37 pm »
I'd suggest you save some money via searching the internet for similar items for sale , from current , as well as past closed auction results .
If you're looking to sell , you can use the above prices for a guide .

Some lithos (signed ones) were going up for sale in the 1990's for as much as $1000 ..... the market got flooded by folks trying to sell what they had , and prices dropped down as low as about $100 .

If you've got some provenance (other than word-of-mouth kind) on yours it would help a bit , come selling time .

What your reasons are for needing/wanting a certain type of appraisal will also affect the 'value/worth' of your items .

That's my two cents worth .

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 07:23:40 pm »
Would also need to know area you live to give you an idea.

i agree to search the internet!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 07:32:49 pm »
Marie, you might want to check out this site. There's likely more places to look out there, this was just near the top.  ;)

http://www.redskelton.com/LINKS.htm

MarieA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 11:01:39 pm »
saphire that was a great site, priced 2 of them, 1 for $1500 and 1 for
$3500. They didn't show one so it must not be in circulation. They were a gift from a cousin who bought them many years ago, she met him in Seattle at a book signing. He signed the paintings for her. I also have a signed book by him.