Author Topic: Knights Templar Trifold jewelry?  (Read 1371 times)

dianecaudle

• View Profile
Knights Templar Trifold jewelry?
« on: April 23, 2010, 11:51:48 am »
This forum really helped me out last month and, unfortunately, I couldn't come back and give a more appropriate thanks for your help because I came down with a really nasty cold but I did appreciate all the help I received with the oil can for machine guns.

This jewelry is one that was in my dad's possession (he was a Mason) and I thought that this might be the appropriate group to ask for help in perhaps valuing it or getting some idea of the history of this type of an item.

In the pictures I tried to give you a good idea of all three levels of this item.  The front states In Hoc Signo Vinces with a God's eye above it and a skull and crossbones at the bottom of the front.  On the back is a double-headed eagle (I think).

I will be enclosing pictures and the (badge, fob?) is in really good condition.  I haven't seen the exact item in Ebay but similiar ones are valued between $300 to over $500, perhaps because it's a little heavy (mine is .8 oz), almost 1 1/2 inches high and might be worth a little bit on the gold market.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Diane :)

waywardangler

Re: Knights Templar Trifold jewelry?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:44:31 pm »
I too, have inherited Masonic items from my father but I believe the value lies mostly with other Masons.  I have bought masonic items in the past (a coin in particular and some charms) thinking I would do quite well with them.  I was lucky to break even.  It seems that there are alot of masonic items saved from years ago and what apears to be ancient and rare to a non-mason is really not.  Masons appear to be steeped in tradition.  I do not get the masonic symbolism or connection even though my dad was a mason.  The fraternity and its' meanings did not transfer to me I guess.  I do not know how to value your fob but if gold, I would think the raw metal's value would be a good starting point.  By the way, does anyone want to buy a nice fez?

winffup

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 04:57:23 pm »

dianecaudle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 05:03:48 pm »
That pendant looks a lot like the one I have, but I noticed that there have been 348 people looking at it and no bites yet, like my hubby used to say "It's only worth what people will pay for it".

Diane
http://www.artwanted.com/dianecaudle