Author Topic: Staffordshire Wall Ducks  (Read 1356 times)

muffin

• View Profile
Staffordshire Wall Ducks
« on: April 27, 2010, 06:02:33 pm »
Hi my name is Dawn and I am new here. I have a set of four wall ducks stamped on the back, "Genuine Staffordshire hand painted Shorter & Son England". They came from my late grandmother but I am not sure just how old they are. I have spent many hours trying to find out more but to no avail. I can find many Beswick ducks but not Staffordshire. Each duck is numbered one to four. Can someone please give me an idea as to their age and value. The ducks all fly to the right. I would be most appreciative.

waywardangler

Re: Staffordshire Wall Ducks
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:48:45 pm »
Those would be Republican ducks.  If you are a Democrat, you should sell those and buy ones that fly to the left.  If Independent, buy ones that just sit there and do not fly.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:39:15 pm »
    Welcome Muffin to the forum.  Is it possible to get pics of the Ducks and picks of the hallmarks this would help greatly to looking into them.  Once again welcome to the forum.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:08:22 pm »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

muffin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 08:26:59 pm »
As soon as I find my camera lead I will take some pics. I think these are homing ducks as I have had them for 50 years and they have'nt attempted to go anywhere but thanks for the advice.  Dawn : :D