Author Topic: Haviland china cup & saucer??  (Read 2100 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Haviland china cup & saucer??
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:09:23 am »

The wife has looked for the past 20+ years and through 1,000’s of patterns on the Internet and has not been able to find out what the pattern name is or the years it was produced or anything else about it.

So, she is asking for help concerning said.  

She has 5 cups, 3 saucers & 4 plates, which she acquired along with some other pieces of glassware, etc., etc. that were inside of a Cedar Chest when she purchased the Cedar Chest along with a Willett “Wildwood Cherry” bedroom suite.

The only history I know about them is that all these items were given as a gift by an old man in his 80's to the young daughter of the lady the wife purchased them from and the old man had told them the bedroom set was delivered by Freight Train. And it was the daughter that wanted to sell them because she was "now a teenager" and she wanted a teenager type bedroom suite.

Click this to see what her Willett set looks like, but she only has 5 pieces.
http://www.dldebertin.com/willett/willett4.htm

Thanks much ahead of time, Sam

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:20:56 am by cogar »

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Haviland china cup & saucer??
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 12:39:57 pm »
Cogar your tea cup was produced by Haviland & Company from the mark produced 1894 -1931 Charles Haviland was controlling the company at this time (not to be confused with Charles Field Haviland, David Havilands was his uncle & He had worked for David but split to open his own company his marks are CFH & Charles Field Haviland Limoges ) original owner David Haviland died prior to your cups production & son Charles & brother Theodore took control but Theodore had split from Haviland & Company also before your piece was produced & started his own company Under the name of Theodore Haviland. Need to hunt a little to see if I can identify your pattern name.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 01:42:25 pm by wendy177 »

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 01:16:38 pm »
Cogar have found your cup it is described as - Low cup with unusual handle & heavy etched gilt on rims c 1894-1931 no specific pattern name. They also made the same shape with Art nouveau- style garlands of flowers also with heavy etched gilt on rims same time frame.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 01:33:20 pm by wendy177 »

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 05:19:43 am »
Thanks much Wendy, after reading your posts the wife got back into "search mode" last evening and said she found 2 or 3 sites that showed dishes with that pattern on them ..... and one was: 

Pattern: SCHLEIGER 1004 by HAVILAND [H SCH1004]
http://www.replacements.com/webquote/H__SCH1004.htm

Now she is wondering what they are worth.  ;D ;D ;D

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 05:56:14 am »
Great Cogar that's it!!! My books had no specific pattern name but she found it!!! Very confusing as Limoges had many Haviland relatives that all produced product under diffrent company names & marks. My book value states cup & saucer at $45.00 - $60.00 :D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 04:24:20 am »
Thanks KC, the wife also found this:

HAVILAND SCHLEIGER 1004-1 
http://www.replacements.com/webquote/H__SCH1004-1.htm

The 1004-1 has a narrow "gold" band nearer the center.