Author Topic: Help Identifying Stemware  (Read 3211 times)

tngal_2010

• View Profile
Help Identifying Stemware
« on: May 16, 2010, 03:11:37 pm »
Hi, Everyone

I have not been able to identify several sets of stemware that I had packed away in the attic for over 30 years. I believe they belonged to my grandmother.

I sent an email to the research department of Replacements, but they didn't know who the maker was.  Here's what they did say:

Pattern: UNK3370 by Unknown Crystal [UNKUNK3370]
Description: Cut Wheat Design On Bowl, Optic

Any thoughts on what these might be?  Value?  I won't use them so I'd like to sell them if possible. I have 11 of the cocktail glasses; at least 6 of the juice and sherbert.  Thanks for any information or suggestions you may have.

Here are some pictures.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Help Identifying Stemware
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 07:10:45 pm »
     Nice set of Stemware.   I did look through my stemware books in hope of finding your pattern, but no Luck.  I got myself two new books on stemware and should have a couple more tommorrow in the mail.  I will browse them also.  I have a couple of question though.  Is the pattern the same one all the types of stemware?  It appears that the first set and the last set are optic, and the stems don't match exactly.  The first set I did find a close match to the stem in my Fostoria book, but not the pattern.  The second set or the sherberts has a ball stem and the last set kinda look like it may also have a ball stem, is this correct?.  If possible could you get a good shot of the Wheat pattern of the items.  This can be a bit difficult to do sometime, but it would help when looking at the patterns in the book, many are really close to each other.  If you shot with good daylight and a black background that should help to bring out the pattern.  Thanks for posting your wonderful set of stemware.   

tngal_2010

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 03:57:54 pm »
Thanks so much for your effort to identify the stemware. The sets are not the same.  Sorry I wasn't very clear about that. Here's a closer and better look, I hope of the wheat pattern on the martini glass. If you click on the picture it will also enlarge a bit more.

Jean

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 04:25:28 pm »
Looks like a wheat pattern.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 10:39:24 pm »
    Amazing the amount of Wheat Stemware there is.  I found some from Fostoria, and Mikasa that looks much like your pattern but the stem is different.  I did find yours at Replacements.com and sure enough it was listed as unk3370, So looks like your pattern is a unk3370  ;).  Anyway sorry did not find a exact match in my new book today, but a great book anyway.  I will keep my eyes out for that pattern.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 11:19:49 pm »
Great efforts ironlord!

You are becoming such a glass person...you should rename to glasslord!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

tngal_2010

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 09:21:44 pm »
Thanks so much for all the help.  The Replacements item is my stemware. I sent them a pic and I guess they have no clue what it is.  At this point, can anyone hazard a guess about what it might be worth if I want to sell it?  Should I try to take it to an Antique store or just sell it on Craigslist or a garage sale?

Thanks.

Jean

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 10:10:49 pm »
     Stemware usually does not yield much in value.  So much stemware available competition is very high.  what I know about Stemware is from my better half. she loves and collects stemware. Usually picks up sets of 6 for under 10 bucks at the thrift stores or Rummage sales.  After looking around on ebay looks like 1 set out of 30 or 40 will sell for around 20 bucks.  Don't think a Antique store would do you much unless you have a set of EAPG Glass stemware, and I'm pretty sure yours are post Depression era, Craigslist would probabaly yield you few hits and not much $$.00.  Ebay would get you a few dollars if you start you price really low. Garage sale they would sell pretty good at somewhere around 20.00 I would guess.

tngal_2010

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 12:53:57 pm »
Thanks so much.  That's exactly the kind of information I need.

Jean

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 01:17:29 pm »
U B Rockin' , ironlord1963 !

Chinese Antique Furniture

• View Profile
    • Chinese Antique Furniture Shop
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 06:03:22 am »
Ironlord,  you're the BEST.