Author Topic: occupied japan china  (Read 1680 times)

srobinson

• View Profile
occupied japan china
« on: May 17, 2010, 05:52:26 pm »
 I have a set of Meito China from occupied Japan. I have no idea how old the set is or if it is worth anything. I am looking for help on how to find out if the set is worth anything and if I can sell it. Could someone lead me in the right direction or let me know a good place to start.
 The set includes:
1 large platter
1 small platter
1 covered serving bowl
1 oval serving dish
1 gravy bowl with attached plate
1 creamer
1 sugar bowl
10 tea cups
11 saucers
12 dinner plates
12 salad plates
12 bread and butter plates
12 soup bowls
12 dessert bowls

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:59:49 pm by srobinson »

Chris_Marshall

Re: occupied japan china
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 06:47:33 pm »
Not much help but at least 'Occupied Japan' is easy to pinpoint: 1945/46 until 1952.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: occupied japan china
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 08:21:40 pm »
Nice Set, Yes Occupied Japan items are very Collectible, and it sounds like you have almost a full set too. Missing only a Saucer and two cups.  Chris is right about the age, only during those years was items marked as Occupied Japan.  If you wish to find the pattern, you can try going through the many patterns by Meito at Replacements.com     http://www.replacements.com/china/MEIIMG01.htm    I would say you are looking at around $300.00 to $500.00 for the set.  Selling can be some what a problem though, not easy to Ebay, and would take some time to sell locally for the most part.   The set is a Fancy Set, not Extra Fancy or Plain, so this will help a bit too.  Thanks for sharing