Author Topic: Belmont beauty salon chairs  (Read 1451 times)

abarber

Belmont beauty salon chairs
« on: May 29, 2010, 11:35:37 am »
 :) I would like to know the value of a set of Belmont beauty salon chairs (made in Japan). A styling chair (electic up and down) and 4 hair drying chairs from the late 60's or early seventies is my guess. They are gold with a pattern and the hair drying chairs have a heat/blowing pack that sits in the back of the chair. They all work and are in good shape for the age. There is a 1" cut in the side of the arm rest of the styling chair that I think I put in it. They are neat! I don't know if I should try to sell them as a set or not? We bought a little house in which there was a salon in the basement. I have had them in the garage for seven years and we are going to sell them. I can take a picture if need be.

Thanks,

Allen M. Paulson
2112 Trojan Drive
Casper,WY

Cell: 307-797-1465   

gingertomantiques

• View Profile
    • GINGER TOM ANTIQUES
Re: Belmont beauty salon chairs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 10:32:51 am »
Belmont beauty salon chairs are still in production today, not many collectors for items such as these but designers like them & people do buy them as curio pieces.
What are they worth ? what ever you can get for them ! No good on ebay as postage is difficult so buyer has to collect,
local paper ad or fair/carboot, ask £200 ( £40 a chair) & be prepared to go down to £15 - £20 a chair
General sale auction no reseve would be my favoured route of disposal, they will find their level. They cost you nothing , whatever they make is a bonus
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:35:06 am by gingertomantiques »

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Belmont beauty salon chairs
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 10:48:03 am »
Your local Craigslist is another good source for selling large items.
Antiqueaholic in recovery