Author Topic: Help Identifying vintage Cut Glass bowls  (Read 1130 times)

tngal_2010

• View Profile
Help Identifying vintage Cut Glass bowls
« on: May 29, 2010, 01:59:24 pm »
Hi, All

I have several pieces of what I think are cut glass. They are from my Grandmother's estate.. Two large footed bowls about 7 1/2" X 4". I also have a creamer approximately 3" at the spout and 5" to  handle.  Also a candy? dish with handle about 6" across. All have very intricate patterns often in star type shapes.  I'm enclosing some photos. Any help in identifying if these are indeed cut glass and if so any chance they are American Brilliant?  There are no markings on them. I am having a garage sale in a few weeks so if these are not worth much, I'll just sell them there. The large bowls have a couple of small chips on the rims.

Thanks for your help with this.

Jean
Franklin, TN

luxetveritas

• View Profile
Re: Help Identifying vintage Cut Glass bowls
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 09:09:26 pm »
Hi, yes, they are cut glass. It's rather hard to tell from pictures if they are American brilliant, but from what I can tell, I wouldn't doubt it. I suggest not selling them at a garage sale, but rather taking them to an antiques dealer if you want to sell (these are more valuable than garage sale finds normally are).

Nice pieces! Try to find markings if you can. When we went through my mother's estate there were many crystal pieces, some of them etched.

tngal_2010

• View Profile
Re: Help Identifying vintage Cut Glass bowls
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 09:40:03 pm »
Thank you for the advice.  I'll try to find some markings. I did find an antique dealer I can take them to. I've been checking American Brilliant patterns online and they look similar to these but I haven't identified an exact match. 

Again, thanks for your help.

Jean