Author Topic: Worcester china by Johson Brothers  (Read 2261 times)

ktw

• View Profile
Worcester china by Johson Brothers
« on: June 04, 2010, 02:40:14 pm »
Just found a box of Worcester china made by Johnson Brothers.  I would like to know if its worth anything.  I can not find information about this one.  Lots of Johnson Brother china out there but not this one.  Anyone who anything about it or what it might be worth?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Worcester china by Johson Brothers
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 03:01:50 pm »
I found a Worcester pattern by Johnson Brothers at replacement.com  is this your pattern.

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/JB_WOR.htm

ktw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 04:03:26 pm »
Yes, but there is no price and I don't know the value of the china.  On the back it says Worceste, Johnson Brothers, England, PAT-OCT 21/02   
I don't know if that is October 2002 or October 1902.  Since I can't find any other information on it, I just am wondering if it really worth something.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 04:11:49 pm »
     That would be 1902, As for the value of the items, will take a bit more looking into.  Yes they have value. 

ktw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 04:31:36 pm »
so how do I go about finding the value.  Every site I look at does not have this one for Johnson Brothers.  I was going to give them to Goodwill but decided to check and see if they are worth something

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 04:50:08 pm »
    The real value is only what 2 people are willing to pay to be exact.  It can be a great guessing game.  I say 2 people cause if only 1 person is intrested then they will pay the tag.  If two then it will be who wants to pay more.  Anyway that helps you very little I know.  First look around at replacements for china of about the same era and level of Fancy, this will give you a basic ideal where to start.  Keep in mind Replacements is the upper end of value.  Ebay will be about 1/4 to maybe 1/2 of that.    How many items to the set do you have?  For the most part you make better profit from individual pieces.  Sets are really hard to sell.  Keep in mind that there is lots of china out there and johnson is mid line quality at best.  On Ebay if the item is excellent I would start my first price at $9.99 see what happen if it don't sell I would drop to $5.00 for a dinner plate.   All in all I would say a Dinner plate is worth about $10.00, trick is to find a buyer.

ktw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 05:04:07 pm »
Since "replacement" does not have any of this pattern, should I try to sell the china to them? I don't have the time to sell it piece by piece and ship it to each buyer.  I'd rather sell it as a set.  I was also thinking of trying to sell it to antique place that has lots of "antique" venders.  I use that word antique loosely as most of the stuff in places like that are just stuff and not real antiques.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 06:05:57 pm »
     You could try and sell to replacements, I do know they buy stuff, never have tried to sell to them though.  I sure it would be not much but that would just be a guess.  You could try and sell at a Antique mall or such, but They may be prove to be a slow mover, could take some time.  How many pieces do you have in a set?  Do you have a full set of 12?  If you have a full set and they are in Excellent condition I would say you may be able to $200.00 tops.   I have bought part sets for under $20.00 at garage sales and sold a cup or two and made my money back, but I have a room full of stuff like that.  Sometimes it sells and sometimes it does not.  If you do try and get ahold of replacements to sell, I would be most curious at the results.  I wish you all the luck

ktw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 10:16:35 am »
called replacement and they said because there is no demand for it, the are not interested in buying it.  There is an antigue mall that I have sold other stuff directly to the owner of the mall so I will try that.  It is not a full set only pieces...6 coffee cups (no saucers) 2 salad plates, a gravy boat, and a covered vegetable dish, so really not much.  Thanks so much for your help.