Poll

Could you tell me how much this is worth or could be worth?

valuable?
0 (0%)
not valuable?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: I have my grandmoms piece of jewelry passed down can you help me?  (Read 1939 times)

oldtimer112

• View Profile
The only thing I know is it says Tiffany and company on it here are some pics is it valuable?
The pictures of it our on this http://sites.google.com/site/antiques123s1219/pictures
Please help thanks

oldtimer112

• View Profile
Re: I have my grandmoms piece of jewelry passed down can you help me?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:46:05 am »
it is marked  TIFFANY & CO STERLING Pat NB7B  M I dont know what it means to

waywardangler

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 11:49:44 am »
It looks like somebody has turned a quality fork into a unique bracelet.  The value would be personal as an object passed down from your grandmother.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 01:29:32 pm »
I know that "spoon rings" (rings made from antique spoon handles) were very popular in the 1970's and 1980's. I had one myself. I suspect that this was probably made into a bracelet about that time, during that surge in popularity. To the best of my knowledge, ladies weren't wearing cutlery before then.  ;) Although the fork itself is older.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 10:01:51 pm »
Flatware Art for sure, It has again become very popular.  Everyfair streetfair I go to I see at least two booths with Flatware Art, some really cool stuff I would day, kinda make me cringe a bit being a flatware collector, seen some really valueable Flatware turned into art.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 03:31:20 am »
I would have to agree with the fork to bracelet idea too.  Very odd though that someone would go through all that meticulous
work, yet turn it 'inside out' . You'd think they'd want the detail on the outside.  ::)

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 03:35:04 am »
I cringe too when I think of it's transformation. But it definitely is really cool, I'd wear it. I agree that you would think the decoration should be on the outside, I guess the artist had a method to their madness... :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 01:40:13 pm »
Now think about it....to have a bracelet depicting that it is from Tiffany's is a big plus!  Value because of it showing Tiffany $50 - $80

This type of art using unmatched or damaged wares is on the upswing again with our economy.

Many things increase in sales during a decline in the economy...and jewelry is one of them!

I like the look of these items.....have seen them made into place card holders, butter pat dish display holders, wall hooks, all kinds of jewelry, etc.  I would never suggest to go out and do this with a great set of silver....however, some people who are needing $$$$ will actually sell these pieces for more in the long run with items like this!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://indiecrafts.craftgossip.com/files/2008/04/wildfirewench1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://indiecrafts.craftgossip.com/2008/04/25/recycled-silverware/&h=430&w=430&sz=78&tbnid=1JNl2Xgp0wkbaM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=126&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsilverware%2B%2Bcraft&hl=en&usg=__5smnnA2vvg2jKHkqIyOj1eHpi2U=&sa=X&ei=HuITTK-NF4L78AbClZSKCg&ved=0CEEQ9QEwCQ

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 01:41:20 pm »
Oh yeah....even wind chimes! 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!