Author Topic: Hutschenreuther coffee/tea set  (Read 2280 times)

smokeriser

• View Profile
Hutschenreuther coffee/tea set
« on: March 10, 2004, 06:25:19 pm »
I have never been here. I have inherited a coffee and tea set with a sugar and creamer.  The pot is stamped (Hutschenreuther, Bavaria).  Both pots have a removable silver cover that resembles a hammered look.  there are no dates. Is anyone familiar with these items.  

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 09:04:52 pm »
here's a good site:  let's start with the date, and maybe I  can help establish value -  

http://www.porzellan-sammlung.de/marken1.htm

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 03:04:38 pm »
Hi smokeriser:   First, thank you for the e-mail, tho' it works best if replies are made thru the forum, so everyone can see, and chime in with assistance.  We read each others replies - D & B is a real antiques expert, & I always welcome his assistance, as well as others on the forum.

So, to the value - I didn't find a set that seems like yours, but the range for Hut----- tea & coffee sets that I did find was $150 to $400.  The date alone was seemingly not the only factor - a 1960's coffee service, plain white trimmed with gold was $319.  A single T-pot of a 1920's era was $250.  

It is worth your time to explore shops and antiques dealers to get a proper insurance value.  A nice inheritance.  KB