Author Topic: Help with Ringware ID!(new to board)  (Read 1493 times)

Killyourdream

• View Profile
Help with Ringware ID!(new to board)
« on: June 23, 2010, 11:32:47 am »
Hi!
   First off, I am a new member, and am VERY excited to be here!
I have been collecting, antiquing and obsessed with anything old since I was 14. 8 years later, I'm still just as passionate and excited as the first day. I was hoping to get some help on a few items I recently picked up and cant find any information about

The first is a ringware bowl, Im not sure who made it - maybe Bauer? Its marked 36 on the bottom, Ivory in color and has 6 or 7 ribs and a footed base. Measures 5 1/4 inches in diameter.

The second is a small almost shot glass like vessel. Ivory in color, no glaze on the bottom and stands 2 inches tall.

The third is a Yellow cup, 3 1/4 diameter and 3" tall. Very crude glazed bottom.

Any help would be awesome!
Ive added pictures and a pitcher for sizing!

THANKS SO MUCH!!
Andrew
New Castle, Indiana

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Re: Help with Ringware ID!(new to board)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:05:55 pm »
Welcome to the forum , Killyourdream .

Glad to have you here !

I have not got much expertise with items like yours , but maybe there's a couple of folk here who'll step in .

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 12:26:53 pm »
It appears that you have a tumbler in the style of the 1920's to 1940's.  This style was EXTREMELY popular - a depression-era craze that became so popular because of being able to mix/match colors/styles and manufacturers.  Because of the popularity and sales...there were many reproductions.  The big names generally had their marks on their pieces.  Some big names during this time were Bauer (California based company) and the ever-popular Fiesta Ware by Homer Laughlin (that is still produced today).

The style of the coffee urn/pot is of the early 1900's.  Can you post any pics of markings on the bottom?  Here is an example from Catalina Pottery (that I have lots of knowledge of) to show you the style! http://wellstile.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=25&products_id=1027

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 12:30:00 pm »
Beautiful pottery, I love them all. Seeing this post made me remember a bowl my grandma gave to my mom. I just had to call and ask my mom if she still has it and she does. Thanks for reminding me of it! Now I get to go claim it. :P