Author Topic: antique glasses  (Read 1432 times)

hoosier

• View Profile
antique glasses
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:19:02 pm »

I am curious about some "distinctive style festive glasses" that I found at my grandmothers old place. They have distinctive paintings of automobiles (several sets of these) from the early 1900's and have various automobile brands and dates on them in different colors. I've done some research, but can't find any solid information about these particular glasses. The box says they are from the Continental Can Company, Clarksburg West Virginia. This company eventually was evolved into the Hazelware Glass Company, etc. and evolved into some of the Lehman Brothers work down the road. The Continental Can Company eventually went out of business or evolved into something else, based on what I read. Again... these are "Distinctive Style Festive Glasses" with paintings of antique automobiles, and their dates on the side of the glass, in sets of four.  I'm trying to learn more about these antique glasses origins, value, and history. Thanks..... Still doing research.......

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Re: antique glasses
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 09:25:54 pm »
Welcome to the forum , hoosier .

Is there any chance you can post a few images here of your items ?

If you could , it would help members here to identify & inform .

;)

hoosier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 09:35:42 pm »

Thanks....... I'll try try to get some photos up soon, I have lots of neat antiques that I'm beginning to do research on. I'm cleaning out grannies old kitchen and the rest of her house. I need to learn how to get these photos up and running next, I guess.... Thanks......

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 05:32:40 am »
Hoosier, do they look like this?

Or this one?

Or this one?

Then they are -  Hazel Atlas--Old Cars Glasses