Author Topic: Antique Writing Table  (Read 1553 times)

bigd

• View Profile
Antique Writing Table
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:45:03 pm »
I am seriously considering purchasing this desk as it belonged to the founder of the company I work for and I quite like the style of this particular piece for my new home office.

From what I researched it seems to be called a writing desk..or can sometimes be referred to as a library desk or partners desk. I am not sure which is correct, however, writing desk seems to be the most common.

The style of the legs is what really interests me. These are not great pictures but they curve outword from the centre of the desk and they have brass clawed feet. Not sure what this is called. I believe it may be of a style called English Sheraton Library Table?

Could someone provide some info. such as timeperiod, manufacturer and perhaps a stab at a value?

Thanks!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Antique Writing Table
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 07:37:02 am »
The table is machine made & veneered.it's style is in line with Duncan Phyfe. I would suggest no more than $150.00 Dollars.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Antique Writing Table
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 08:05:01 pm »
Totally agree with D&b!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cassey

• View Profile
    • Antiques Republic
Newbie!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 03:37:22 pm »
And that's really a fabulous antiques... You must sell it in a well  known antiques shop like Antiques Republic ^_^.
I spend my time browsing Antiques Furniture