Author Topic: Buttons!  (Read 1832 times)

herphandler

• View Profile
Buttons!
« on: August 01, 2010, 05:07:43 pm »
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the value of these buttons and point out some old ones if there are any. Thanks!
and if you need any closeups let me know.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Buttons!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 06:47:01 pm »
Your Goldwater/Miller campaign button can be found in a couple of listings around $7 - $8 ;)

CollectorsOnlineMall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 09:08:03 pm »
Doesn't look like anything really valuable.   I thought I saw a few brass ones with anchors which might get you a few bucks.   With buttons you want to try mainly for large unusually carved bakelite buttons which can be sold separately.    I've often bought large tins of buttons at flea markets only to find nothing much and wound up selling them as a large lot.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 11:38:47 am »
If you find some unique buttons they can sell individually on Ebay. Just run a search for buttons. Also reenactors are always in need of authentic bone buttons. So if you've got any of those, they can be sold. See the Special Threads section on identifying ivory for photo examples of bone and how to identify it. Most of what I can see in the photo looks like plastic though, so your best bet might be to resell them as a craft lot.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

herphandler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 07:06:28 pm »
Ok thanks a lot everyone!

Miss Platnum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 01:14:45 pm »
Wow! :) The last time I saw so many buttons except the stores was when my grandma showed me her collection!

http://antiquescanr.com