Author Topic: Antique-shop.com forum #1 on google???  (Read 3883 times)

dontbe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.antique-shop.com
Antique-shop.com forum #1 on google???
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:49:00 am »
You bet. Out of 8 million links for the term "Antiques forum" You are number one.

Of course, You always have been number one in my book.. :)

Sort of Ironic I am not really making any money off it.. :) (OK, I admit, I get a check from google every other month for 100$.. thanks! If you feel sorry for me, click on one of the banners.. that will send me 5 cents or so.. :) )

regards, Ed
Go to My Webpage
to talk about antiques and check on upcoming antique related events

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Re: Antique-shop.com forum #1 on google???
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:55:29 am »
I've never clicked on the links here , but since I now know , from your posting , let's see if we can make you the 'Nickle-man' !

Sincere thanks for having , keeping & maintaining the best on-line antiques forum I've ever found , dontbe !

:) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  :)

antiqueslover

• View Profile
    • Salt and Pepper Sets
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 12:55:47 pm »
wow! that's great!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 04:23:56 pm »
Well this is my number one site too  ;D   Looks like I have something in common with Google  ;)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 04:29:10 pm »
What banner?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

antiqueslover

• View Profile
    • Salt and Pepper Sets
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 04:39:56 pm »
yeah, what banner? would that help you earn? haha.

dontbe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.antique-shop.com
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 07:44:21 pm »
the "ads by google" that show up every 5 or so posts, antiquelover and KC...
I'm tempted to remove them, to be honest... Its the only advertising on the whole site. If I remove it, this site would be "pure" so to speak.. No ads whatsoever! Run on pure love of the conversation. :)
Go to My Webpage
to talk about antiques and check on upcoming antique related events

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 07:54:43 pm »
Well not only is it # 1 on Google, it's also # 1 on my bookmarks bar!!  Thanks for such an informative, active and friendly site.....I doubt there's another that can compare (but I don't plan on 'shopping around' anyway  ;) )

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 08:16:38 pm »
Thanks for being such a friendly forum everyone. Sadly, it is pretty hard to find a place like this. The people on the pet forums I go to are just plain sarcastic and rude. They make you feel stupid when you are trying to ask questions and learn. I tried a new finch forum today because on the last one the people were just so snooty. The first thing I posted about on this new one was someone asking what materials to use to build an aviary. Since I just finished mine, I offered advice. Maybe I'm just sensitive but this person was being snooty to me :P
My post:
I used thick plastic hardware net like this to build my aviary. Mine is indoors but it works great. Won't rust or corrode, non-toxic and it's easy to roll out and use. Easy to wipe clean. It's not loose or flimsy, it's stiff and durable. And the holes are small enough that not even my little waxbills can fit through. I think it would work great outside. The only problem I could think of with it being outside is maybe wild animals chewing through it like coyotes or dingoes. Whatever you guys have down there in Australia. :)
Their reply:
nope, no coyotes here, and dingoes tend to stay away from towns. But we do all ride to town on emus, if we're upper-class on kangaroos! ---with a smiley face rolling it's eyes.

Maybe they were joking, but not a very nice "Hello!" if you ask me!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:18:49 pm by hosman321 »

waywardangler

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 09:02:45 pm »
I also have found rude and uppity people on other forums...one on a fiberglass fishing rod forum and also on an eBay discussion board.  I have never gone back.  This forum has many great members with a wealth of expertise and knowledge that they offer freely without the rudeness or snideness.  Humor is interjected freely without malice.

So dontbe, you can keep the "Google" banner if you want because most of us here do not even notice it and if it brings you a few $ every two months, that should be a good thing.

Sara Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 09:49:27 pm »
I have to say that the members here are so lacking in snarkyness that I don't recommend this wonderful website to strangers, in order to help preserve the civility & friendliness that is here.

Thank you all for being part of a great forum!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 09:51:19 pm »
Dagnabbit Luke, I want to see the banner............

Is it like a shooting game.....click on it if you can?  :)

I vote you keep it if you get something for it!  You are #1 in my book for having such a phenomenal site that is a wonderful part of my days!  When I am in a snit (not that I am ever unpleasant to be around) my family asks me to go take an antique break!  LOL  In addition, the moderation of the site is greatly appreciated (way to go waywardangler)!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:53:24 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 09:51:55 pm »
I agree with the banner, it's not a big deal at all. Hey, $100 doesn't sound like much but every dollar counts these days.

antiqueslover

• View Profile
    • Salt and Pepper Sets
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 03:19:27 pm »
what's holding you back not removing those ads? i always notice that within all threads.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 10:07:59 pm »
I for one have used those banners from time to time.  I think they are a advantage.  I like how they are usually choisen based on the subject of the thread, and had led me to a couple of cool sites.  They are also not that obvious so I vote for leaving them in and keep our eyes out for the good ones, beside I for am will be hitting a few more of them, Great site and thank you Dontbe.