Author Topic: Can anyone please tell me about this?  (Read 1556 times)

armenia9484

• View Profile
Can anyone please tell me about this?
« on: August 19, 2010, 04:22:02 pm »
I am wondering what this is called, i have been told it is a what not cabinet, and an english  liquor cabinet. I do not know much about this, i have searched on the web and could not find anything that looks like it. I know that it was my dads great great grandmothers and has been in the family for a very long time, i have heard she brought it back from  England. I also heard it is about 200 years old. Does anyone know what you call this?, and is it english? I was looking into to selling it so i need to find out as much as i can about it, most importantly i need to know what it is worth. any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..... ???

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone please tell me about this?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 04:30:43 pm »
YOU ARE WHAT??????????? SELLING PART OF YOUR FAMILY THAT THEY HAVE SO TEDIOUSLY CARRIED DOWN THIS LONG???????????????????
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

waywardangler

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 05:10:13 pm »
Ditto what KC said.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 06:53:07 pm »
Don't let this out of your family. Keep it and cherish it. It is absolutely stunning. If you don't want it, give it to someone else in the family or let someone in the family buy it if you are in dire straits.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 07:07:06 pm »
I will probably get in trouble for this....but if you are wanting a value to sell.....I'm out!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 09:29:52 pm »
Welcome to the forum , armenia9484 .

Very nice & unique piece of furniture .

Along with others here who seem to be having a little trouble with our semi-contagious neurosis about family heirlooms & such .... I'll decline giving an opinion about it's monetary value .

If you are dead-set about selling it , you can surely find an antique dealer or a collector near you that would be glad to take it off your hands .

But I must (there goes the inner neurotic in me) wonder if it might be best held on to & passed down some more through your family ....???

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 09:15:24 am »
Welcome  to the forum  I along with the others would try to keep this piece in the family it is beautiful ( sell or pass it along to family)  but totally understand that life sometimes does not allow for this. Personally I would send photos to a reputable & well known  auction house to get a value for sale such a Skinner of Boston, they will send a reply of estimate for auction (this can take 4 weeks ) & you can decide to ship or sell yourself. Whatever you decide think long & hard as once this piece is gone chances are you will not get it back.  good  luck  :)