Author Topic: lHow to sell limoges dinnerware  (Read 1483 times)

Lorna

• View Profile
lHow to sell limoges dinnerware
« on: August 20, 2010, 09:29:06 am »
Hi all

I inherited a bunch of antiques. So, that is probably the good news. Secondly, I really don't have a need for a 12 place setting of Limoges china. Where do I try to sell it and how do I find the value of it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gingertomantiques

• View Profile
    • GINGER TOM ANTIQUES
Re: lHow to sell limoges dinnerware
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 10:53:14 am »
AUCTION - they will give a true estimated value & you can put a reserve on it so it is not given away
dont sell it on ebay - postage & packing costs + scandalous ebay & paypal charges
Free pages - do you want strangers in your house, thats when they bother to turn up

Find me here http://gingertomantiques.yolasite.com/

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 10:57:20 am by gingertomantiques »

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: lHow to sell limoges dinnerware
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 08:59:12 pm »
First is it possible to get a pic of the set of china?   Sets are really hard to sell, at any given time you can pick up a nice set for under $200.00, but a really fancy Limoges would sure to fetch you more, and then if it is rare and or really old you will see more.  However the first problem is not much demand for sets of china, so many out there and if you do have one, you don't have room for two, if you don't once you get your set well same as before, then in this modern world even the need for a good holiday set don't seem to mean as much.  Sad as it is.  The final and Sad not to set, it is more profitable to be sold seperate, just the tea cups alone on a good set will fetch you more then the value of the whole set, and more people are out looking for replacments to their exsisting set.  But if you can post pics of the set, maybe we can give you a good solid price to start with.