Author Topic: Some Antiques  (Read 3134 times)

Markus

• View Profile
Some Antiques
« on: August 22, 2010, 01:11:52 pm »
Hi Everyone.
I have found a few things while shopping recently that I'm quite curious about. (Attached photos)
I'm trying to find out some more information about these things, but regretably I can not find any furthur information. I was hoping if anyone else knew about these items they could inform me :)
Thanks for any help.

Some questions I have:
The Chicken/Hen on Nest: It is missing the Salt and Pepper Shakers that belong inside, And has some markings on the bottom (Msg me if these markings can help with your answers):
Markings say Japan (on rim) and GE-399 stamped in green, and shiny sticker that says giftcraft.

I'm looking to find an extra set if at all possible, and what time it is from approx.

The Pear Bowl: Says "Pearfect Pear" on it, cant seem to find any information on the "artists" or the bowl itself. Any info on it would be appreciated as well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:01:43 am by Markus »

Sara Finn

• View Profile
Re: Some Antiques
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 03:59:06 pm »
Welcome to the Antique-Shop forum, Markus.

It's always a good thing to see marks & writings on items - having images of them posted helps all the helpful people here find info for you!
 :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 09:04:51 am »
Hi Markus!

Agree totally with Sara Finn....markings are a must!  Could you please post them for the clucker?  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 11:50:45 am »
need some info.on lithographs by gellman,i have 4 prints,navajo doll by runci,serenade in blue by maio,venetian scene by harnett,gay party by la salle
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 02:24:56 pm by Markus »

Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 02:32:40 pm »
Found some more goodies, brown teapot made by RCAP (Royal Canadian Art Pottery) double marked, and 2 Weatherby plates. Can not find any information on these things either. Attaching pictures.
thanks

Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 02:35:59 pm »
Markings on the plates:
Weatherby
(Durability inside flag)
Royal Falcon
Gift Ware
Stoke on trent
England

Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 08:26:12 am »
I have had these figurines (6 in total) that I bought about 20 yrs ago, from a yard sale, the lady told me she bought them on her honeymoon in 1941. There are no markings on them, however there is 3 shells on the base of each figurine that i'm assuming could be a "signature." I have been told that there should also be 2 others to go with this set.
Any information would be great. :) Thanks

Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 08:28:56 am »
(following 3 figurines)

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 09:10:50 am »
As far as your tea pot Royal Canadian Art Pottery - Hamilton and Southampton, Ontario
Began operation in 1946 as a subsidiary of Foley Potteries Ltd. and by the 1960's became the largest teapot manufacturer in North America. Art pottery production began in 1968. Value about $7.00
Your plates  J.H. Weatherby & Sons(Ltd), a family-run company was founded in Tunstall in 1891 and moved to Hanley the following year. Named 'Falcon Pottery', it was one of a number of similar potteries in Stoke on-Trent. Value $5.00 each
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:45:50 am by wendy177 »

Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 10:01:28 am »
Hi Wendy. Thank you for your reply. Its nice to know a little more information about these little nicknacks :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 11:03:39 am »
Hi Markus, nice finds.

May I suggest that you post a few (1 - 3) items per posting. It makes it easier for "lookers" to browse and "antiqeurs" to respond!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!