Author Topic: EBay Forum  (Read 6988 times)

antiquesdna

EBay Forum
« on: April 12, 2003, 06:14:18 pm »
There only one price its how much you can get .There are dozen ways to sell or donate. Auction what type ect. ect. ect.your price depends on knowledge that comes from dealing with the public above board. There far and few between, they remind me personaly of used car salsmen, I cant tell them apart. Or guess your weight at the fair after you answer ther multitude of questions Remember this in the antique business, the sell a lot of crocks of all types. This is all from my thirty-three years of experence. :D  
« Last Edit: April 12, 2003, 06:24:29 pm by antiquesdna »

dontbe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.antique-shop.com
EBay Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 07:23:47 pm »
Yes, its worth what someone will pay. Period.

BUT! dont sell yourself short! many Dealers shoot themselves in the foot when they pice things as to what it is worth to THENM, and not to the market. If you sell something to someone for too little you only have yourself to blame.
Go to My Webpage
to talk about antiques and check on upcoming antique related events

Useless_Stuff_Antiques

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/uselessstuffantiques/
EBay Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 06:24:47 pm »
Actually, when it comes to auctions, an item is worth what 2 people are willing to pay for it.  Otherwise, we'd be getting a LOT better deals on stuff!  LOL

Guest_antiquesdna

EBay Forum
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2003, 08:33:48 pm »
there are auctions and then there are auctions and if you been around your one of the few having the knowledge were to put your items try staying away from certain areas . they need to start having more discusions openly whats the best auction for a paticular piece  and more contracts to look over and maybe seek additional advice if needed  

Mystic

EBay Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 12:23:29 am »
I just created an ebay store thought you guys might want to check it out

Mystic's Hot Deals

winsomewhisper

• View Profile
EBay Forum
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 12:33:04 am »
I have found that prices always vary depending on who`s holding the latest Miller`s catalogue here in Australia ! It`s disconcerting at times. Ultimately I sell at a a price that includes profit , of course , but also a price that I am happy with so I don`t lay awake at night thinking `why did I do that?`. Some years are better for business than others but if you love antiques, you love antiques. I`ve built up a business from being honest over the years with repeat clients. There are nefarious types in all walks of life, unfortunately those rotten apples make the public lump us all together as `used car salesman`. Integrity ultimately wins out !

jt

• View Profile
Re: EBay Forum
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 06:11:52 am »