Author Topic: Shipping cost question (ironlord !!)  (Read 5809 times)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping cost question (ironlord !!)
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 10:13:54 pm »
I should clarify that rehomed means HERE!! as in right in my bedroom  ;)

Again ironlord, thanks so much!! You rock! 

It may just be easiest to ship right to me, or even my daughter in Vancouver as I'll be there early in October, I'll find out if she has another trip down there planned though, as well as details about what exactly it is. It's sad the shipping costs to Canada are so friggin high.  There are likely a lot of listings that don't get the $$ they should just because of that fact.  I'm watching a set of 8 drawer pulls right now (don't panic) and the shipping on them in theory should be a lot higher than on the 4 knobs but is less than half what was on the knobs. I would have definitely moved on those if they had replied and come up with a more 'sensible' cost.

Take a look and see if you think they'd 'go' with the knobs......after a bit of a clean up  ;)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260658523823&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1149

i can't let you do this for nothing either... we'll work it out ;)  Another option too might be an email money transfer.....whatev er method you prefer is fine with me.

waywardangler

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 12:55:30 am »
Way to work that one out ironlord and sapphire!  Just another example of how great this site is!

Dean Perdue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 09:03:40 am »
Way to work that one out ironlord and sapphire!  Just another example of how great this site is!

Ditto that Wayward.
Awesome to see this antique collecting group constantly helping each other out where they can. ;)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 07:42:45 pm »
    Was hopin' to see how fast a shipper today, but not yet.  I'll let you know the day it arrives for sure.    But I was thinking about what had happen and I realized what the issue is here.   First Ebay and Paypal for some reason does not include International First class as a choice for the seller to select.  Hence when a buyer uses the calculator function it would only show you Prioity or Express choice.  I have ship several items international, and have alway had to go to the post office stand in line and etc. to get the cheap rate.  Kind of a bummer, never bothered me much and just a couple blocks away at work.  I have also found out that even trying to ship from the USPS site they do not offer international.   Anyway the seller here may not totally understand this and when ask the question of international shipping.  When ask to ship international I go to USPS Website and look at the charge of first class, add a wee bit for the trouble and offer that price.  I just sent a toy to japan.  I had my shipping cost set a $9.00  When asked if I would ship it I went and looked up the cost and added a buck and it was $9.00 anyway, I did bump it to $10.00 and he bid and won.  Anyway just wanted to share my thought.

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 11:50:44 am »
Thanks ironlord!  The set I was going to bid on I missed, had a truck arrive at work and got home 15 min after it went. Now they obviously were aware of other options. Same with the camera I got if you remember, he refunded me the $18 after he delivered it to the post office and saw the rates.

Would you believe that chest is still in the Jeep??  :P Between work and crappy weather I have yet to get the extra pair of hands to help unload. Least it kept me 'grounded' when Hurricane Earl paid his visit. :D

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 09:38:49 pm »
    Well they showed up today.  :D    They were well packed, He packed and sent them to me priority  ??? from OR.   They look wonderful, love the really deep cobalt color of the glass, only saw one really small chip on one of them, but really look nice.  I'll PM you sapphire and work out the rest.  Even though they may look good on my pressed board vintage 2001 Desk  8)   ;D

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 10:32:23 pm »
WHOOT!!  Can't wait to see them. They did mention the small chip, but all the more character (like everything else I've dragged home  ;))

Now just to  find a set to compliment them for the rest of the drawers.  Catch you on the 'other side' :D

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 04:01:37 pm »
Can't wait to see the pics! Love the cobalt knobs!
Antiqueaholic in recovery