Author Topic: I need help with unsusal bowl with no markings....  (Read 1621 times)

mercyless1972

• View Profile
I need help with unsusal bowl with no markings....
« on: September 07, 2010, 09:37:23 pm »
I have looked and looked all over the net and I can not find out anything about this bowl. There are no markings on it which makes it even more difficult. I've looked at all sorts of photos until I'm crosseyed. Can anyone help me out? The bowl is 8 1/8" in diameter and it's 2 1/4" tall. There is a built in hole close to the rim which is scalloped. The bowl is also a pearalized opal color type. I've attached a picture of it. I really appreciate any help anyone could give me. Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:57:49 pm by mercyless1972 »

waywardangler

Re: I need help with unsusal bowl with no markings....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:42:02 pm »
The members that prowl this forum will want to see the back of your beautiful bowl mercyless, markings or no markings.  Please post the back pic too, I am sure someone will be able to help you out.

mercyless1972

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:26:56 pm »
Thank you very much for the suggestion. I didn't even think about that. I posted a picture of the back of the bowl as well. Thanks again for the suggestion!  :)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:37:30 pm »
   Very Nice bowl.   Without marking that can be a task to find the maker and or cir.   I would assume if it was marked at all, it was a paper or foil label that has long been washed away.   Most really collectiable and sought after items are marked, but the real blessing is most will buy because of what it looks like, either it matches what they have or would look nice amongst their collection.  You have a fancy and unique bowl, that would warrent some attention for sure.  IMO this is not really that old, most likely post Depression 40's or 50's made for a export company, and was marked with a paper or foil label.  Nice bowl non the less, I like it.

mercyless1972

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 10:45:15 pm »
Thank you so much! At least I have some idea now. I just bought it today at Goodwill. I really love it too! I've never seen one like it. It will have a nice home in my display cabinet!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 03:23:27 pm »
Merceyless...nice mint/candy dish.  Betting it is late 50's to 60's.

Like ironlord said, most likely had a paper label.  The roses look like fired decals over a slightly pearlized finish.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!