Author Topic: Kerosene table lamp  (Read 1537 times)

foxeygma

• View Profile
Kerosene table lamp
« on: September 27, 2010, 12:50:35 pm »
Have no clue ,glass shade was with it but unfortunately broke into a zillion pieces .The husband seems  to think It may of been the original one .Belonged to Grandma also.The base on the inside is painted gold ,in some  spots has come off. On the bottom is written Riverside Clinch on Collar ?????Going in the Curio cabinet with the rest of the treasures.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 04:38:44 pm by foxeygma »

waywardangler

Re: Kerosene table lamp
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 01:06:59 pm »
If it was the common glass globe, the one that was on it most likely was a replacement as the 'original' one also bit the dust years ago.  A very, very common occurrence.

foxeygma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 04:24:30 pm »
So after I  cleaned on the buner of this lamp I found... Eagle,A&P Dorset Div. Thomaston,Conn.Made in USA.I'm assuming it is where the burner part  was made.I went to  a site on antique kerosen lamps and found a globe identical to the one that was broke.The globe was I will say beaded all around the top and thicker glass going down to thinner glass .Adding more pics regarding the burner.Thanks every one  I am limited with my sight and I do so appreciate this help.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 04:45:59 pm by foxeygma »

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 04:30:33 am »
foxey if there are any numbers on that lamp, this might help out....

http://www.eapglass.com/Sabala/

"She further goes on to say that when Riverside closed, the molds were sold to Cambridge, and the collar later also shows up at the Indiana Glass Company in Dunkirk, Indiana.  The 1927 Sears Catalog also offered lamps with a clinch-on collar.  Some lamps also have the words "Riverside Clinch-On Collar" embossed in the glass itself."

In reference to the pic below......which I think might be your lamps twin

"Wild Rose" Lamp With Goofus Treatment And The Words "Riverside Clinch On Collar" Embossed In The Glass

foxeygma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 07:06:40 am »
I found no numbers on the collar  same exact  lamp that I have ,so Iam assuming it has more sentimental value than monetary.Have one clear pestadel  cake plate Im not even going to waste anyones time on.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:03:56 am by foxeygma »