Author Topic: Help with a Pembroke Table  (Read 5188 times)

Oceans64

• View Profile
Re: Help with a Pembroke Table
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 07:18:08 pm »
Well that’s the web for ya...  You can always count on conflicting information!!

What I have read is that curly maple is formed from a genetic mutation in the "Red Maple" and (some sites say) Sugar Maple. 

I know for sure the table is curly maple...  My father in law confirmed that for me. He is somewhat of an expert on wood.  The table is probably going to the auction but I think I'll take it in this weekend and see what they say. I was hoping to have a maker to increase the value but it seems as tho it's not to be....  I also have the option of consigning in an antique mall but I may be retired before it sells.

Up until a few weeks ago it was being used as a printer stand - Hopefully it will find a good home   :)
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

waywardangler

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 09:41:39 pm »
I hope you do well on the sale.  I believe the table will stand on its merits and beautifully figured wood.  It is a nice piece.

otago4me

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 07:46:33 am »
its ugly and i wouldnt give u a fiver for it..

waywardangler

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 07:58:43 am »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...just as someone would be beholding the johann maresch piece.