Author Topic: childs lovely gold ring with glass top with a bird made out of feathers?  (Read 3826 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: childs lovely gold ring with glass top with a bird made out of feathers?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 05:38:54 pm »
"Whew!!"  ;)
Antiqueaholic in recovery

jimmy uk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 05:15:14 am »
still havn't found any thing about it :-/ does anybody know how much it is worth??

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 10:16:05 am »
I tend to believe it resembles the mourning jewelry theme like talesof spoke of.

Here is an example with a plant/flower....they didn't all have to be extremely "dark"
http://www.rubylane.com/item/202242-RLmourningring4/Victorian-Crystal-Mourning-Ring-18K
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 10:31:09 am »
Jimmy to get an accurate value I think we all feel you should locate a local expert who deals in antique jewelry, because it may have the potential to be quite valuable, because of the collectabilty and high demand for mourning jewelry as well as the fact that yours may be very unique and potentially rare. None of us would want to steer you wrong, since we don't have the advantage of seeing your ring in person. What I think we would like to see is for you to take it to an expert who can assess it in person, and then let us know how it went so that we can learn from it.
Antiqueaholic in recovery