Author Topic: Tea Table at Goodwill  (Read 4772 times)

Oceans64

• View Profile
Re: Tea Table at Goodwill
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 12:03:41 pm »
I FOUND IT!!!!  

This thing wouldn't leave me alone and after endless searching I decided it could be Moroccan...  A few more searches and found this:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-octagon-moroccan-table

I dont think I'd restore to that extent but its good to know what it is.  I am looking vertical now for space   ;D  I swear I don't know why I like this so much...  truely not my style.

Hosman:  The hubs and I are both history buffs so we would love to go back East to live and explore.  I have a secret wish to buy my ultimate antique in the form of an unrestored home...  fingers crossed

KC:  hehehehe...  I hear you.  Traveling to Mexican boarder towns was the way to buy furniture.  I still love the style but I need to be in AZ to appreciate it. 
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 12:10:44 pm »
well done :)

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 12:15:53 pm »
Sold for $110 in 2006 so this is no bargan considering condition and replacements pieces.
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 12:34:51 pm »
That is my dream too! I browse www.historicpropert ies.com every day. :)

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 01:04:22 pm »
Hahaha!!!  I have a site I search too!!  This one looks better.  Most of em are too far out of DC or WAY too expensive or already restored but it fun to look. Here is the one I dream about every night!!!!  It's even affordable but will probably take some $$ in restoration  http://www.redfin.com/MD/College-Park/8524-Potomac-Ave-20740/home/11113525

I want it sooo much and I haven't even seen it!!  LOL.. Typical that I find the house before we find the jobs!!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 01:08:25 pm by Oceans64 »

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 01:34:39 pm »
I've been drooling over this one for months. The love letters in the attic are just amazing to me.
http://historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=Nesil004
There's another one too but I can't find it at the moment.

That one on redfin is beautiful!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 01:45:55 pm by hosman321 »

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 01:55:17 pm »
How awesome would this place be for an antique shop?
http://historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=maole004
Oh, and it has a house across the street too!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:02:55 pm by hosman321 »

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 04:04:31 pm »
Those are amazing...  I still have chills reading the love letters.  I wonder if they married??? 

Chills again...

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 12:21:58 pm »
Love looking at the homes on that site Hosman321! Totally fell in love with this place:

Antiqueaholic in recovery

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 01:53:59 pm »
Man, that's a beautiful place. I love looking at the colonial homes from the 1700's. Man, the history in those houses! I'm very surprised at some of the prices, even after restoration. Now if only we could get out of this house...

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 02:16:02 pm »
Talesof, where is the house that you posted a pic?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

waywardangler

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 02:19:41 pm »
I love the style but would need modern insulation, wiring, plumbing, siding, etc.  The architechture can't be beat.  I would love to sit in the turret and read while fall leaves are changing.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 03:17:20 pm »
That Victorian is in Yreka CA. Here's the listing. Love the look of this place, it just draws you in like Hansel and Gretel!
http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=J385weyre001

There are a lot of Victorians here in CA that have been upgraded and well-maintained, but Wayward is right, you do need to be careful that you have a good inspection done before the purchase and that there are not issues like dry rot also. The other thing to check with old homes in CA is that they are bolted to the foundations. In the Loma Prieta earthquake that became an issue here and a lot of Victorians slid right off their foundations and into the front yard because they were never attached to the foundation, they were just sitting on top of it. They can be retrofitted, but that can be a big undertaking.
Antiqueaholic in recovery