Author Topic: assistance requested on some glass items  (Read 968 times)

firenze

• View Profile
assistance requested on some glass items
« on: October 24, 2010, 02:23:38 pm »
As I mentioned in previous post of a few minutes ago, I am in need of assistance. Am not familiar with antiques and have some items
I may want to sell.  Here are (2) pictures of glass items. A pair of lavender lamps and some purple glass.  Their former owner loved
the color purple...  Frankly, I have held on to these for some years because I know they meant so much to her, but I've decided to sell them hoping the a owner will enjoy them . They are no good sitting in a box in my closet...  The glass items are in very good condition. The wood at the bottom of the lamps have lost some of their gold.
Thanks for any assistance.  Liz

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: assistance requested on some glass items
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 04:01:31 pm »
     As for the glassware it is commonly known as amethyst glass.  Amethyst glass is purple, not to be confused with Black amethyst glass.  The latter being very sought after.  Amethyst glass has lots of collectors and is one of the highest sought after color.  Lots of Amethyst glass is available though so prices are not really very high.  I am not familiar with the pattern and did a bit of looking.  If you can find the manufacter and date this may help the value a bit.  In general is you tried to sell the set together you may get $75.00 to $100.00, seperate the pitcher and decanter would get about $25.00 to $30.00.  At first impression I would say that the age is post 40's to 70's in age.  Nice set thanks for posting

firenze

• View Profile
Re: assistance requested on some glass items
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:37:48 am »
Thanks for the reply. Very helpful.  Liz