Author Topic: Do you know what it is?  (Read 12149 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know what it is?
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2010, 06:18:52 pm »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh....lo ve the pics of the girls!!!!  Makes me miss my grandparent's farm!  Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

Glad the teeth fell in the creek....but with the cost of things and the little bit of money one had in the past......I imagine quite a few things fell in the lou and were retrieved!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Sara Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2010, 10:22:44 pm »
A semi-associated with the topic(s) link :

http://komar.cs.stthomas.edu/qm425/01s/Tollefsrud3.htm

Thanks for the happy hens pix, mario54!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:25:11 pm by Sara Finn »

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 01:59:57 am »
Hi Sara,

Thanks for that link ...Everything you wanted to know about toilet paper and more. Years ago I worked in the Civil Service and the Governments preferred choice of toilet paper was that stuff that children could also use for tracing paper (Izal was a brand that I recall over here) ... perhaps it was intended as some sort of disincentive. And the funniest thing was , possibly just in case any public servant was inclined to steal a roll for their personal use at home, every single sheet was stamped 'Government Property' !! I wonder how much a roll of that would fetch on Ebay today?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:37:15 am by mariok54 »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2010, 01:51:58 am »
I bet there are quite a few folks that would love to get their hands on a couple of rolls.....especiall y being marked government property!  LOL
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!