Author Topic: Grundig Majestic  (Read 3652 times)

marcylove

• View Profile
Grundig Majestic
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:53:57 am »
I've been searching all over for a value on this.  It's a Grundig Majestic stereo model 5017, made in Germany.  Perfect working condition.  I can't find the exact model, or what it would be worth.   :-[

olecanalantiques

• Kevin
    • View Profile
    • Ole Canal Antiques
Re: Grundig Majestic
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 08:20:23 pm »
Very nice!!! Looks like it's in great condition!! As far as value goes i can not be of assistance, all i know is, it's in impeccable shape and i want it!!

In case you didn't know, i LOVE old radios..

Ole Canal Antiques

marcylove

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 09:54:46 am »
thanks!  We have several that we are going to try to sell...I have to do some research on the others...

history dude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 04:06:59 pm »
gonna bump an old thread here...

I have a '56 model of the same (model 4085), a little older than yours. Yours may be as late as the late 60s, the V-shaped badge is later. Before the bottom dropped out of the economy, I found that mine in fairly good shape, unrestored was ~$700 and VGC/restored were as high as $1300. Now, the values are going to be depressed a bit due to market conditions for collectibles almost across the board.

They were the first home radios with a built-in amplifier, BTW.

AngelaH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 10:43:33 pm »
Your radio looks in beautiful condition and it's a bonus that it works well. However, very few old radios are worth much.  I have an oldie myself, a 1927 Rogers Batteryless beautiful floor model but it's not worth much either.

For the last word on value of just about any old radio, the place to go is http://www.antiqueradios.com/

history dude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 09:07:45 am »
unfortunately, any searches of their value guide for 'Grundig' returned a 404 internal server error.

AngelaH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 09:32:44 am »
For the site I linked, it's best to join the forum and ask. Those people are really a wealth of knowledge on all things pertaintaing to old radios. :)