Author Topic: Need Help Identifying Silver Dragon  (Read 6162 times)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Identifying Silver Dragon
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 11:35:06 am »
Won't tell you what I said when I saw this  ::) but What the Heck is it?? :o

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 12:00:54 pm »
Holy Moly Ole!!!

The hubs and I were just talking about what we would rather have...  Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or the Bat Mobile.  I chose the Bat Mobile  ;D

Yes - He's watching Auction Kings re-runs or whatever the one is that sells Hollywood memorabilia..
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:03:10 pm by Oceans64 »
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 12:07:46 pm »
It's Hollywood Treasure, I'm watching it right now! That vehicle is a piece of ART olecanal! Beautiful. I want to know what it is, too!

waywardangler

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 12:53:09 pm »
It appears to be a George Barris custom or a Lincoln Futura concept car?  Oops, I think the red car is a reproduction of the Lincoln Futura.  Is this your car ole?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:22:06 pm by waywardangler »

olecanalantiques

• Kevin
    • View Profile
    • Ole Canal Antiques
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 01:49:08 pm »
Well, the one George Barris made was steel if im not mistaken, the one you see in the photo is an original but not a steel one. The other photo you show there is actually the guy who my dad is friends with (the owner). His son probably posted that picture to see if anyone had a top for the bubble glass windows. Funny thing is, someone did!!
Ole Canal Antiques

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 02:41:02 pm »
Wow! I bet that car turns some heads driving down the street!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

waywardangler

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 02:43:44 pm »
It is listed as a reproduction by Bob Butts...The only reproduction built by Bob Butts is currently in my dad's possession. Here are some photos I took. It is currently missing the bubble dome, but we are going to get one made. In 1955, a guy from Italy took a 1955 Lincoln and made a concept car called the 1955 Lincoln Futura. He tried to get this car to catch on, but it never did. After it was used in the movie “It started with a Kiss” in 1959, it was sold to George Barris for one dollar. George Barris is a famous custom car maker some of the Batmobile’s. The car sat by his shop for 6 years and slowly deteriorated. In 1965 George was asked to make a car for the Bat Man series. He had 3 weeks to do it, so he took the remains of the Futura and made that into the very first Batmobile. At this point the Futura is gone forever. 25-30 years later, another famous custom car maker named Bob Butts asked George if he could take the original Batmobile and cast a mold of it to remake a Futura. George approved, and so Bob made a mold of the original Batmobile (remember the original Batmobile is made off of the Futura). Based off of pictures, Bob recreated the Futura. He only made one replica, and that is what we have.  
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270670

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 09:48:58 am »
Neat story!!!!!  What a prize!!!!

So does it have a place for the dragon to attach to?  LOL  We have really hijacked this one!  LOLOLOL
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:50:33 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 07:04:40 pm »
While researching another item I came across this....  http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-L-B-SMITH-DIVIDED-COVERED-SERVING-BOWL-NS-/380289384108?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588b037eac

Scroll down to see pics...  Maybe the top to a serving dish???
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 07:56:18 pm »
Oceans, that's where I recognized it from. One of mom's large service dishes had the exact same 'attachment' for the handle.  ;)

Made it much easier to store the lid inside the base when not in use......with padding between them of course.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 07:58:05 pm »
hahaha!  So you did!  I got sidetracked by the Bat Mobile and couldn't remember what we thought it was  ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 09:33:30 pm »
Did ya'll see the large server pic I posted earlier in this post?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!