Author Topic: English Cottage Teapot  (Read 1652 times)

Noarth

• View Profile
English Cottage Teapot
« on: November 21, 2010, 03:24:47 pm »
Hi everyone,
This is my first shot at posting... hope it works.  This is a teapot set my Mom got while in the RCAF in Europe.  Is it anything special or just a cute memory piece?  
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:05:44 pm by Noarth »

mariok54

• View Profile
Re: English Cottage Teapot
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 03:44:33 pm »
Hi Noarth,

There seems to be some problems with accessing your images.. it is best to upload straight onto this site (see the link at the top of the forum's page). However, found some pieces like yours, the sugar bowls seem to go for c £20 ($30)and the teapot for c £30  ($45)... here's one link (there is another in South Africa which didn't sell for 360 Rand, c £32)

http://www.justceramics.com/acatalog/justceramics_Keele_Street_Pottery_24.html

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 03:47:33 pm »
Welcome Noarth!  

I think the memories may be the more valuable aspect to those sweet pieces.

Searching 'keele st pottery cottage' brings up a fair number of hits, but other than some asking prices not being too bad, seems that those posted on ebay didn't realize much.

http://completed.shop.ebay.ca/Collectables-/1/i.html?LH_Complete=1&_nkw=keele+st+pottery+cottage

I'm reposting your pics for you to make it a little easier for others to check them out .....Maybe you'll get some more helpful opinions ;)

Noarth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 03:51:58 pm »
Thanks everyone!
I searched the internet but without paying for access to alot of sites I really couldn't find that much.  I thought these might be more sentimental than valuable but wanted to try posting.  I'm going to try reposting the pics thou just to know how to do it properly.

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 03:54:23 pm »
Hi, Sapphire is right about sentimental value. If they hold special memories for her then she might want to hold on to them. Odd as it may seem, if you were over here you would have more chance of selling and getting a good price. We're next door to the Potteries (Staffordshire) and there is an army of dedicated collectors that collect anything with that stamp.

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 03:59:07 pm »
Thanks everyone!
I searched the internet but without paying for access to alot of sites I really couldn't find that much.  I thought these might be more sentimental than valuable but wanted to try posting.  I'm going to try reposting the pics thou just to know how to do it properly.

It is quite straightforward .. just click on 'Additional Options' then 'Choose file' and upload your pic, and then 'More Attachments' for more than one photo. Just don't panic if it seems to take a long time (but best to try to shrink your pics ... 300 - 400 produces good quality ones)
Good luck