Author Topic: From Our Home To Yours....Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 5300 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: From Our Home To Yours....Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 01:07:31 pm »
Thanks for asking Oceans! Only two baby spoons have arrived so far, a pattern spoon and a really cute one with two cats on the handle marked "Pretty Puss". I wasn't planning to use them until the Christmas dinner, which I'm doing on December 4th. All have shipped out, so I think they'll all make it in time.

I'm really looking forward to starting a tradition with them as the napkin rings on my holiday tables, and to collecting more of the character spoons. There are some really interesting ones and I think it will be fun to have different characters on each plate. I found ribbon that matches the blue of my blue/white china to tie on the necks. I also plan to go by Schurra's, the chocolatier that has been in San Jose since the early 1900's to get the chocolates to put in the bowl of each spoon.

I'll post photos when they all get here.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

waywardangler

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 08:12:17 am »
I was cruising etsy this morning and found this one still for sale at $4.99.  Available if one of you need another...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62523035/vintage-rogers-brother-loop-handle

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 11:34:08 am »
At this point I've got ten I think (going off the top of my head), so I'm in pretty good shape table-wise. I'm leaning towards the ones with animals, nursury rhymes and other characters now, but thank-you for thinking of me!
Antiqueaholic in recovery